I am no prude and certainly not embarrassed by seeing a baby being "breastfed",but i thought it was a bit much when about 100 breastfeeding women staged a protest in Sports direct on Clumber st. yesterday.

The store is Private property and if they dont want "breastfeeding" in the store then surely it is their perogative.

• Upvote 6
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am no prude and certainly not embarrassed by seeing a baby being "breastfed",but i thought it was a bit much when about 100 breastfeeding women staged a protest in Sports direct on Clumber st. yeste

Lots of Natural things are Wonderful but they don't have to be Public.

There is always somebody protesting about something these days, why don't people just respect other's rules and just walk away as we did - my daughter was born in 1978 - I never breast fed, didn't wan

I was.....titter, but back then, women were more modest................................DUCK...INCOMING.....LOL

• Upvote 1

When a baby is hungry it needs feeding, but there are discreet ways of doing it. Just a piece of cloth over the baby is all that's needed. Can't offend anyone then.

• Upvote 2

Good for the Mum's, I say! I believe it's illegal to prevent breastfeeding in a public place.

Defeacating is perfectly natural too...I take it it's ok to just squat down anywhere then?

• Upvote 2

Good for the Mum's, I say! I believe it's illegal to prevent breastfeeding in a public p

But Ann,how long has Sports Direct" been a public place ?

I think both are a matter of respecting other.

Forcing your behaviour and views on others, who you know could be offended, but dont care!

• Upvote 2

Like i said Ann,i am not offended by it,but i thought an organisation would have the right to allow or not on their own premises,and after doing some research its not really clear,(to me anyway)

I personally not offended by breast feeding, its the fact that these people dont accept that there are people who are.

I wonder what the response would be if a man made a point of watching, they would soon yell about privacy!

I DONT mind exhibitionist,not embarrassed,and never been a breast man,so i dont know, :biggrin:

Never been a breast man, more of a leg man, but if anyone spots Pamela Anderson breast feeding I might just be interested.

• Upvote 2

I LOVE, a pretty face and a "nice turn of ankle" and a great big pair of..........................................................blue,green,or brown eyes,

• Upvote 1

And long hair benjamin, I'm a sucker for long blonde hair.

Breastfeeding a baby is the most natural thing in the world and when a baby is hungry it must be fed. If the mother and baby are in a public place, the mother doesn't just suddenly flop out one of her breasts for all to see. She will do it discreetly so as not to cause offence to anyone. You would have to stand and stare in front of the mother and baby to see what she was doing or see the mothers breast. I find it beyond belief that anyone should be offended by a mother distcreetly breastfeeding her baby. Then again, some people will be offended by everything.

• Upvote 1

I think like you say discreet is the keyword. I'm pretty sure some of the larger shops could provide somewhere for mothers to breast feed. Some mothers can be quite shy.

I am no prude and certainly not embarrassed by seeing a baby being "breastfed",but i thought it was a bit much when about 100 breastfeeding women staged a protest in Sports direct on Clumber st. yesterday.

The store is Private property and if they dont want "breastfeeding" in the store then surely it is their perogative.

A reminder what this thread is about, 100 women is the key!