• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am no prude and certainly not embarrassed by seeing a baby being "breastfed",but i thought it was a bit much when about 100 breastfeeding women staged a protest in Sports direct on Clumber st. yeste

Lots of Natural things are Wonderful but they don't have to be Public.

There is always somebody protesting about something these days, why don't people just respect other's rules and just walk away as we did - my daughter was born in 1978 - I never breast fed, didn't wan

I think the bad publicity is enough. This is only my opinion, but I think the kind of protest that was performed was maybe a little childish. A letter to the boss would have sufficed. Remember, some of the youngsters who work in those kind of places would not understand and might have worried about indecency.

decent clean and hyginic baby feeding places are few andfar between most shops expect mothers to breast feed in toilets yes any place can be discreet most young breast feeding mums i have seen use a sheet or blanket to cover the baby and mother and are very discreet more than the fact she was thrown out the shop in a very public wayit certainly was not done discreetly most of the sstaff i have seen in sports direct are young men who i am sure dont object to seeing a page three girl but not what breasts are made for and most of you older guys who object to it just need to think that is how your mothers fed you and you would not be here if she had not bottles teats when we were youngwere unhyginic and dangeous dried milk was very expensive and not has nutritious as it is now so unless you came from a well off family you were breast fed for as long as posible.

• Upvote 1

I breast-fed my two urchins for their first six months. I only once remember feeding one of them in a public place. I was with a few other mums from a baby group and we were having a picnic in a park. One or two babes were starting to yell because they were hungry, mine included, so we decided to throw embarrassment to the wind and feed the babies. I don't think it was really acceptable back in the 70s and I seem to remember we were all a little nervous about feeding the little ones in public. I think if I'd been on my own I would have either gone home or at least sat in the car to feed.

• Upvote 1

For something that has been up front since Adam was a boy,

the famous quote by Ma Aland Sheela seems most appropriate for all the knockers - 'Tough titties'

:hungr:

Young people worried about indecency? i don't think so.

We Mums, as mentioned, would have been discreet or would have been too shy to do so in a public place. Good for today's Mums that they don't have to slink off to the toilets or the car.

Not a childish protest - replies on here have shown there are still a lot of people still to be convinced

I remember being in Debenams cafe in the early 80's,having a mid morning cup of coffee. Within 10 min's the place was full of mums breast-feeding their babies, 60-70 of them.

Some kind of protest about a young mum being kicked out for discreetly feeding her baby,a few days before.

Never been offended by a mum feeding her baby quitely and discreetly in public,and can understand the protest.

If you don't like what you see, turn and look somewhere else, simple, innit!!

• Upvote 2

The Daughter-in-law breast fed all three of her children. She was so discreet that one day she sat next to me and I chatted with her for ages before I even realised that the baby was hooked-up!

• Upvote 1
  • 10 months later...

I've never tried it.

Maybe you should..........

There is always somebody protesting about something these days, why don't people just respect other's rules and just walk away as we did - my daughter was born in 1978 - I never breast fed, didn't want too, carried a baby bag with a flask when I went out, had a mini and even used to sit in the car to bottle feed, I would have felt far to embarrassed to flash my boobs in a public place - (had a bottle warmer by the bed at night) ..............My boobs were to keep im indoors happy, he never fancied sharing................Incidently my daughter is clever...

• Upvote 5

Great to hear normality Blondie. Why is it that when someone genuinely objects to something for a genuine reason, out comes the howling mob. Not every woman who breast feeds wants the world and his mate to stand watching. I am a great believer in breast feeding. However some people are genuinely embarrassed, whether it's the feeders or the bystanders. It would be better if there were places where women could go and discreetly and privately breast feed their child.

Oh by the way, neither my brother nor myself were breast fed, but we both passed our 11 plus.

• Upvote 3