My hubby was breast fed for ages, his mother said she had an everlasting supply of milk, could have fed Nottingham and of course it was the war years, 'rationing', he was no scholar though, he hated school didn't do well at all................There is always somebody coming up with some theories to get themselves in the Guiness Book of Records............. Shop keepers have their rights too.......................Breast feeding in public does still offend some people the same as smoking and various displays of affection, ah hum !!................I can remember being told to leave a pub in the 60's because my skirt was too short and there was too much flesh on show, it would offend the other customers, I just left without protest.......(I must admit, I did have a nice pair of pins back then).................

People do what they think best for their child - but all this protesting with public dispays of tits is a bit like attention seeking to me..........'Hey up folks we will be on the telly tonight'...................

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am no prude and certainly not embarrassed by seeing a baby being "breastfed",but i thought it was a bit much when about 100 breastfeeding women staged a protest in Sports direct on Clumber st. yeste

Lots of Natural things are Wonderful but they don't have to be Public.

There is always somebody protesting about something these days, why don't people just respect other's rules and just walk away as we did - my daughter was born in 1978 - I never breast fed, didn't wan

There is absolutely NOTHING more natural than breast feeding. We lived for thousands of years before anything else, unnatural, was thought of.

I recall it being a very normal sight when I was a kid. As for too much flesh showing: I have never seen a woman making a fleshy show, They are always discreet. It can be very distressing for a woman who wants to breastfeed, but cannot.

What kind of numpty objects to a baby being fed the way nature intended?

High powered research by high paid researchers - again - telling us we're more intelligent if breast fed. A matter of choice I would have thought. Some women do and ought to be allowed to wherever and whatever; some don't want to and others can't. I was breast fed I think but it never helped to give me a high I/Q I can assure you!

• Upvote 1

Lots of Natural things are Wonderful but they don't have to be Public.

Too right........I thought there was something called expressing where you put it in a bottle - There are a lot of people who object to bodily functions in public places........

Does anyone know what's the origin of the word "Boob"? : The "B" is the aerial view, the "oo" is the front view, the "b" is the side view. :biggrin:

I've made lots of boobs during my lifetime.......But hey, who cares.............. :angry2:

• Upvote 1

There is obviously no objection to breast feeding, a perfectly natural act, but if I am a numpty for finding this objectionable when taking place in the pub opposite to where I am eating my steak and ale pie, then numpty I am!!

• Upvote 2

Me too......

Just one of those taboo subjects.......

• Upvote 1