Can any member tell me how many pubs were on Wilford Rd

In the 20th century

There were a fair few on the backstreets though...

One I remember is not mentioned here, The Cremorne.

It was right at the bottom (Wilford end) near the trolley bus terminus, so it could have been technically on Queens Drive.

It stood at the junction of Wilford Road & Queens Drive.

Smiffy

Just around the corner Smiffy, there was a building right on the corner, odd shaped and it eventually became the community centre. My Doctor moved from just down Wilford Road to hold his surgery there.

Stopped off for a pint many a time at the Cremorne on the way to work in summer at night.

Officially it was counted as being on Queen's Drive http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/frontend.php?action=printdetails&keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;NTGM003596&prevUrl=

And today that part of the world looks like this (look especially at post #12) http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10671&hl=%2Bcentral+%2Btram

Looks like a different place from what I remembered it looking like, hardly anything left... Last time I was around that way was 1968.

My Dad worked at the ROF and would go probably once a month in the evening to pay his Union dues at a pub on Wilford Road. Unfortunately I have no idea which pub he went to.

Is there still a watering hole on Wilford Lane called the Maypole? I think it opened some time in the early 1960's not a bad boozer if memory serves. The lads from BICC Cables on the embankment and some of the machine Shop lads from ROF frequented this place. You couldnt move in there on Saturday afternoon.

Is there still a watering hole on Wilford Lane called the Maypole? I think it opened some time in the early 1960's

The building is still there, and it is still a pub, but called The Wilford Green. When Streetview went past, the conversion was in progress. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.925617,-1.158096,3a,75y,179.04h,93.5t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sB0CsgCTMltBvttXSToXU6A!2e0?hl=en

Answer
Pubs on Wilford Road
My dad lived on Hendon Terrace bottom of Wiford Rd went to Bosworth School born 1913 a local pub
go'er also was one of those people who use to get up and give you a song (he was'ent bad he sounded like Frankie Lane)
always stated that there were no pubs at all on Wilford Rd all the address's were for the side streets
Hope I'm right