Are you like me and tend to judge people on "first impression" ? over the years i reckon in about 90% of them ive been right,it can be as simple as their face or dress or just their general demeaner,obviously ive been wrong at times,so love or like at first sight is it a good thing ? how often have you beeen wrong ?

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The moment I set eyes on my wife I knew she would be the one to make the rest of my life miserable. See, first impressions are rarely wrong.

I remember when a few years ago, I asked the French unemployment office, to advertise for a forester, as I had brought some more woodland and needed some help in maintaining it, they phoned me a few d

I met mrs catfan on a blind date, always said since, I should have gone to Specsavers.

I think you generally have a "feel" for someone when you first meet them. I generally try not to judge someone on first acquaintance, but know inside whether I am going to get along with them or not......intuition I believe it's called. It's probably a deep instinct that goes back to our ancestral days when we used to sniff each other. Mothers still like to smell their babies, and perfumes and scents are now used for attracting the opposite sex.

• Upvote 3

Nice one darkazana,my 1st impression of you is a good one,dont worry i packed the sniffing" up years ago, :laugh:

• Upvote 2

, and perfumes and scents are now used for attracting the opposite sex.

OOOHHH that`s sexist sweety! I know what you mean though, my wife has the most amazing ability to assess people,and I`ve never known her to be wrong!

Best wishes from Wandsworth.(or is that Brixton.)

my friends will tell you if i dont like someone for some reason i am usually right when i first met my mates fiance for the first time she had been going out with him for over a yearshe asked me what i thought about him i had only met him 15 minuets before i told her hes ok but hes not for you she asked me why i told her dont know yet just something about him. 6 month later she broke of the relationship after finding out he had been heating on her for most of there relationship, she told me later she knew i was right even when i first told her .

some of the people i have known for a long time if i had gone by first sight i would not have become friends with them.

as for the smelling thing many young children and disabled children will go round smelling people it can frieghten some people but once you realize its there way of getting to know you if they like the smell they will keep coming back to you and gradually pick up confidence with that person sometime they will just not go near a person again they know instinctively they cart trust themor dont wont to. i have observed this on many ocations

I think I do as well Benjamin and I think I'm usually right as well. Hence the reason I always smile at people on the street even. Always give a good impression. Although smiling at strangers is now virtually extinct and I get some strange looks!

• Upvote 2

Only one way to find out bilboro-lad,let us know how you get on wont you :laugh:

• Upvote 2

Stan, not sexist at all, it works both ways....men wear smelly stuff too.....and although I don't like or condone smoking I just love the smell of a good pipe tobacco yada

Smells (or should i say "aroma"s) evoke memories",Old Spice" aftershave takes me back to the 60s,and Brute to the 70s,and when wearing it often leaves a 1st impression

Body language is the thing apart from aroma. Whether someone can look you straight in the eye; the 'plastic' smile and their stance adopted when speaking to you. I have a book about body language which discusses many things, including the theory of why women wear lipstick. That bit is particularly interesting but a trifle personal!

• Upvote 1

#13 Lipstick" Now you"re talking tomlinson,that always made an impression!

• Upvote 1

Wasn't it the Romans who started using lipstick to enhance the lips of females to appear like another part of the female anatomy??

• Upvote 1

I've only ever disliked one person without even knowing them...I asked a couple of blokes I worked with if there was something wrong with me, they responded NO, they knew the feller from old, and said he just exudes bad Karma.

The feller didn't last long was given his cards after about a week..

Wasn't it the Romans who started using lipstick to enhance the lips of females to appear like another part of the female anatomy??

Well i go to the foot of the "colosseum" never knew that ayupmeducks!

• Upvote 1

It's true that first impressions can have a bearing on how you find people but very often, people aren't being their normal self. Some people try too hard to be liked and others are quiet and shy and may appear boring. When you get to know them better they may turn out to be really nice people. On the other hand they may turn out to be loud or boring...lol.

I've given some thought to Ayupmeducks comment regarding lipstick (#16) but I still haven't a clue as to what would be bright red on a lady, apart from her fingernails. slywink

• Upvote 1

But he is right about what the use lipstick is supposed to signify.

What I find interesting is that in all species the male is the brightly coloured flamboyant gender, trying to win and attract the more discerning female, except in the human species where it is generally the female who makes herself up to attract the male (even if not consciously)

Males fight over mating rights in animals though, humans have to attract the opposite sex if they are to mate...ie a very plain young woman, how is she going to attract a male to "mate" with???

This doesn't appear to be the case in female animals, the scent of her being in season attaracts males from miles away, as in cats and dogs.

Humans don't mate when the female is in oestrus though...LOL

Interesting Dave..