Certainly exceeded expectations ,, think we have the nucleus of a very good team who will only get better over time,, Southgate is a very good manager far better than i thought he'd be,,future looks good,,they have re kindled my interest in the national side,, even recognise the names now,,as regards the Captaincy always reckon it should be a defender.

• Upvote 1

Likewise Ben. Maybe Stones, although he had momentary losses of concentration, but I can't see Kane being influential on the field.

I too have some faith in the game restored, but it just shows how the influx of foreign players into the English game has nullified our own progress on a worldwide stage. Nearly half of those players in Russia have played in the English leagues.

How many have REALLY AND POSITIVELY benefited our game ? Henri, Viaira, Bergkamp, Ronaldo. I'd be struggling to come up with many more. 

Hard luck Croatia !  Well I wanted them to win, as it's nice to support our teams conquerors. 

I wonder how many traitorous know alls will be on in the next few minutes, saying that they thought France would win from the start of the competition ! Yeah , unbelievable !

Pies ! Yes, that's what I'm having for dinner later !  French wine ? I'll give it a miss tonight. Doom Bar, or Speckled Hen ? Mmmmm !

• Like 1

Ann, I love France, I don't mind the people, but this is football were talking about here, and that's different kettle of fish altogether.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, annswabey said:

Oh really, Fly?!  In what way is it a different kettle of fish?

Well I know what he means, lighten up for goodness sake.

• Upvote 1