Apart from no Ashley Cole or John Terry i think its a good mix of youth and experience,mind you i don"t think they will get far due to the fact we have too many foriegn players in the premiership not even EUROPEANS.

I do like the look of this squad with a few exceptions. Personally I would have taken John Terry but not Chris Smalling, Phil Jones or James Milner.

Him and Cole should be in. There is NO substitute for experience !!!!

• 4 years later...

Bleddy southern bias again Ben !

• 3 weeks later...

I watched last night (in the Rodney for my sins) I do enjoy it when England play an attacking game & I hope they play that way in the World Cup, we are not going to win it, but lets have a bloody good go.

#9 One for Ben Loftus Cheek, when he came on, apparently young females fawn over him? Ruben that is?

• Like 2
On June 3, 2018 at 2:24 AM, radfordred said:

I watched last night (in the Rodney for my sins) I do enjoy it when England play an attacking game & I hope they play that way in the World Cup, we are not going to win it, but lets have a bloody good go.

#9 One for Ben Loftus Cheek, when he came on, apparently young females fawn over him? Ruben that is?

The Admiral Rodney brings back some great memories. Last time I was there, which was a few years ago, it was a lunch time and they had no Home Ales and it was at best a bit ordinary. Has it improved?

• 2 weeks later...

Argies totally outplayed and never really had a look in. Brilliant ! Great French support for Messi for some reason, but it was great to see the hotel bar emptying with 20 minutes to go.......... Yes ! Another Vin de Provence si vous plait !

Back home late tomorrow night to torment you all ! :laughing:

I'm not football fan at all, but I made an effort to watch England play - I thought I was watching auditions for RADA - now I know why I don't rate football as a sport !!

• Like 1

Absorbing game...........wanted Spain to win......but fair play to the Ruskies............

Turning out to be a really good 'World cup'..............bad look Japan......tonight England take on Columbia reckon we'll nick it 2-1,, nice to see Gareth Southgate promoting 'Waistcoats'.........lol

• Upvote 1

Benjamin - i was going to ask if you would be wearing a waistcoat for tonight's match?

All my waistcoats have gone. Nearest thing is my fishing life vest. Could come in handy at the pub tonight though, because it guarantees to keep you upright when unconscious. :rolleyes:

2-1....about right :biggrin:

• Like 1

Very seldom not wearing one PP, wearing one now at the QMC, definately have one on tonight,,

Focus, your not kidding. my lady who has never watched a footie match in her life because it is 'boring', I am in the garden and can see what is going on.

Today there was a commotion from the lads across the road, so on went the tele to confirm England had scored. Sometime later another commotion bugger me the tele is on again to confirm the second goal. Then 10 minutes from time on goes the tele for the finale score.

Finally she has just shouted upstairs "Croatia the people say that will be good for us." so she has watched the last 10 minutes of that one to.

• Like 2

What amazed me during the England match, was the lack of flags from the Premiership clubs. Aren't they bothered ?

However, I did see flags from Forest, Southampton, Luton, Sheffield United, Burmley, Swindon, Bristol Rovers and Accrington.

Well done lads ! englandflag

• Like 1

Well it's all over for us now, and fourth place is the best that we could achieve. They exceeded all expectations, but fell short when we met teams of any real ability. The ideas of invincibility were shot down well and truly. 

The future ? I don't know about that. We definitely need another top class goal scorer alongside Kane, because he was woefully unlucky at times, then seemed totally out of the games for long periods. World  class ? Certainly not yet, and I honestly don't think he should be team captain. 

Against Croatia, the whole team seemed tired and lethargic. In situations such as the World Cup, you get one chance to make your  mark, and they failed on this occasion. 

It's the same in life, be it in love, a career move or whatever. You very rarely get a chance of greatness, and it must be grasped wholeheartedly ! 

Anyway, that's it for a couple of years till the European Championship, let's hope there's a significant improvement in the meantime.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1