just past the LTD lettering was an old garage office/workshop,had a great ghost sign for servicing Fraser Nash or the like?

This one I think.

derby%20road.jpg

You're spoiling me now Cliff!! I wonder if a pot of emulsion covered that up?? Incidentally, my Mother ,when the air raid sirens sounded..used to dash from between those railings..with her school mates..up to the cellars of the H and H pub..near Hooleys a deuce and a half killed a child..my mam said the American driver was crying.

#25. Ian can you remember the American type diner that was where the Strathdon is now.?

Trying to think,opposite Kiddies Korner was Tess,s cafe? It had those round stools..was it a temporary one like on Maid Marion Way?

Also the gable end of St. Marys can be seen,top open windows is Miss Bowlers classroom, ground floor is Miss Reilly.. what a cruel school this was!!

We had the Vono beds from there..they lasted for years.Dave 48 worked there..when i was at school next door.

Was it the Ikea of 60's Nottm i wonder?

• Like 1

When Baker & Plumb closed..lots of their stuff went to that place on Bath St.next to the GPO.

• Like 1