jackie bells, netherfield is being made into flats

Exactly what the title says. Such a shame really as the current people have really turned it around, Iv been their Ann summers girl for ladies night and despite the negative. Comments people have had about the place because of its rep, I liked it! What a shame to turn something with much history to flats... Again!

Sorry to hear that about Jackie Bells. On home visits in the 80s when Mam and her sisters were still with us, we would all spend some good nights in there! Along with the Grey Goose at Gedling, there goes another of our old Haunts! :(:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

such a shame its the only pub in netherfield great memories of when i was ver young in there with mum and dad and brothes and sisters when they reached there teens they wentout to there own places and it would be just my younger brother and me we had a few familyparties in ther too.

Don't forget Albert Tatlock, annall.

Then there was "Harry and Concepta Hewitt"

Still maroon inside lol! If always thought it had potential to be a decent pub. Which it was becoming. Shame really

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly what the title says. What a shame to turn something with much history to flats... Again!

I know this is a couple of weeks after the event, but what is the source of this information? At the moment the place is "Under offer", so I'd guess its future is still being negotiated. http://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-27608358.html

Looking at Gedling Council website at Planning Applications, there doesn't seem to be anything relating to this place.

• 2 months later...

I passed by it a couple of weeks ago & it appeared to be in process of refurbishment (as a pub). I also noticed a couple of large, sturdy looking gentlemen getting out of a flash car (Bentley I think it was) with a reg number that looked like "BAILEY" who I assume must be the developers / new owners.

• 2 weeks later...

I passed by it a couple of weeks ago & it appeared to be in process of refurbishment (as a pub). I also noticed a couple of large, sturdy looking gentlemen getting out of a flash car (Bentley I think it was) with a reg number that looked like "BAILEY" who I assume must be the developers / new owners.

Passed by again today & it has actually now become flats, but the Jackie Bells signage has been retained on the building. It seems you can't make any money running a pub these days. Wouldn't recommend the new tenants fall behind on their rent though as they'll be in for a shock if the landlord comes knocking!

• Upvote 1