Hi to all members, wanted to introduce myself, I grew up in Carlton Notts went to school at Parkdale Primary and Chandos Secondary worked in Netherfield, Colwick,Carlton and Nottingham untill retiring to north east Brazil, my wife and I own a fruit fam near the coast, would like to hear from anyone who knows me, Les Porter. Good Luck to all.

A warm welcome Les.

hi les welcome a real blast from the past you are trudies cafe bourns ect the good old days,at least now there will be someone else who remembers trudies cafe buy one drink and sit in there till closing time listerning to the juke box always remember mick playing concreet and clay over and over again but he swears blind he never played it.

Hi all and thanks for the welcome,

no Dat47 I dont have a brother Neil but have Alan ,Brian, and Micheal,

loppylugs dont like to dwell on my time at Chandos it wasn't fun but necessary I guess.

Stan the drought is way way down south we are north east, the bit that sticks out and we have just entered our rainy session so its very wet at times mostlly at night, lots of fruit you will not have heard of coz it dont travel well and most of the fruit you have heard of eg pineapple orange mango banana ect ect. We dont grow to sell its just nice to see and eat. dont like football at all and the weather is too warm at times. Ps. nothing is ever perfect but this comes close.

Bilboro-lad, yes all types of melon grow on the farm. Ending up in Brazil, my lady friend in England got fedup working for a living so bought this place I stayed in UK, came for an holiday and fell in love with Brazil and its people so took early retirement, (very condenced version),

There is free health care here... visited hospital emergency three times, not for anything too serious, broken arm, very bad cut and bad dog bite, excellent treatment, no waiting and even follow up treatment, not sure if I had cancer or something serious that treatment would be lifesaving without insurance though, its a very unknown and under rated country. Les

Ps. Great Site admin.

• Upvote 4

spoke to les lie yesterday told her you said hello as predicted we had a laugh about the night you visited her . she asked if you were still married to viv but looks like your last post answred that anyway glad to here you enjoying the site i have met and made friends with so many new folk on here.

babs

"Don't like to dwell on my time at Chandos it wasn't fun but necessary I guess."

Ooooh! You got that right. Abandon hope all ye who enter here.

BTW is that a black Lab on your photo? Had one for 11 years one of the best dogs I've ever owned.

Bilboro-lad, Photos of wot? I was at Chandos around 57 through 61 ish.

loppylugs, The dog is a Rottweiler cross, we also have his mum and dad, he is a mistake but v intelligent and well behaved.

Am i the only one who loved schooldays ? mind you it was the best school in Nottingham.

I agree Jet ....... on Tuesday when Bilboro-lad moves to Carlton Hill he's going to be posting lots of pics of his new surroundings :unsure:

I will if no-one can visualise what the top of Carlton Hill looks like. But if I were to move to darkest Peru - then I'd post pictures because no-one CAN imagine what it is like there without first going there. It's hardly a silly request is it? You just like to argue.

• Upvote 1

We had a nice meal in The Free Man Wetherspoon pub on top of Carlton Hill a few weeks ago. If your worn out from the upheaval of moving, and have no energy to cook, I can recommend it.

• Upvote 1