Old friends - Alfred Street North

Hi Carni.

The map if you refer to the map above the dairy stables I told you about (re your Granddad) were located near or in the buildings above Kilbourn St.near the numbers 205

The map I have shows them as a lot bigger.

If I can I will get photo copies and get them to you at next weeks meet up (no promises)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know the name but I am still looking . I woz adopted when I was 18 month old that's is when I started living at the chip shop . in the last 4 years ive found 2 brothers and 3 sisters that I ne

Hello James, I lived at the sweet shop on the corner of Garibaldi Terrace until about 1966. Is that too early? I'm attaching a picture of your chip shop. I have a few more of Alfred St North if you'

Gjk re #51 Many Thanks for solving the whereabouts of the Dairy Stables. We will be in Nottingham early next Wednesday. Family visiting in Gedling: a couple of Cemetery calls and then a bit of free t

Posted Images

Hi Greg

My mum cannot remember the name of the factory, but says the boss use to buy his cigarettes at our shop. She mentioned a family that lived opposite Garabaldi Terrace up the road from the factory, the mother was Margaret. She was Irish, and had 2 daughters, and a son. I remember playing out (there's an old expression) with them. Our house had, for the area quite a big back garden (yard)

Gjk re #51

Many Thanks for solving the whereabouts of the Dairy Stables. We will be in Nottingham early next Wednesday. Family visiting in Gedling: a couple of Cemetery calls and then a bit of free time. I remember Grandad worked on Alfred St North, but I couldn't remember where or what he did for a living. Now I know where to look we will go and see if there is anything left to look at.

So many things from my memory have been solved for me on Nottstagia. CliffTon and his maps and images of the 'Old Nottingham' are invaluable, and all the information given by other members. We only have to ask and some one usually answers the Quiry for us. Great Stuff.

• Upvote 3