Welcome bigfish, you might want to go into the Mucky Hucknall and Basford thread, [found on the main forum page] there's a topic on Northgate that might interest you.

Hi BIGfish,

Big welcome Rod.

I seem to think I've had contact with you some time before on another website Rod; probably on 'F.R.'

NewBasfordlad is getting Ashley cross polinated with me I believe. I know that NewBasfordlad lived down towards the bottom end of Rosetta and Ashley was at the other end on the corner of Nottingham Road. I lived in Chard Street until 1956 but I don't know of any other members from there. I left Ellis in '56 to move to Coventry.

Can I suggest you look up topics for Ellis School and Northgate etc. I think you will find many references to familiar names and places. You'll see a few photo's that I have posted but I think they are just before your time. Sorry I can't recall names from down the bottom end of Chard Street but I well remember Isandula Road. I also think there are some other people from Adalaide who contribute on here.