A Blog about railways in and around Grantham.

Did you visit Grantham Station in the 1950's, 1960's, 1970's or later?

I am in the process of putting together a selection of experiences from people who visited the station and the general area to watch the trains go by.

If you have a particular memory or story to tell, or still have any trainspotting notes, I would love to include them in my blog:-

www.returntograntham.wordpress.com

The blog is essentially about all things "Grantham & Railways" so, if after visiting the site and looking at some of the other pages you think you can help me with any of the other sections, then please let me know.

If you can also think of anyone else who might like to contribute to the blog then please let them know about it.

Thank you in anticipation of any response.

• Upvote 1

Your Blog looks very good - just a shame the GNR didn't build something a little more aesthetically appealing for the station buildings ;)

Best wishes for your research.

Incidentally, the photos linked to the "Britain From Above" site show excellent views of the now lost Grantham end of the Grantham Canal. What it looked like is something I had wondered about since I walked what is left of the canal from Grantham to Nottingham last year. I m really pleased I found them.

• Upvote 2

Hello Dat47,

Thanks for your reply.

That sounds really interesting, can you PM me on this, or alternatively I can PM you?

Smiffy

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Dat47,

Can you PM me again as I think your inbox may be full?

Smiffy