Anybody NOT seen 'Zulu?'

1 hour ago, Beekay said:

….. On Beeb 1, the animation 'The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse' has been shown for the fourth time in as many days. Are these programmes set on a permanent loop? They just keep spewing out the same drivel daily. 

I think that animated film is beautiful - I love it and have watched it three times already ……  it touches me every time.  I also have the book!  

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even worse, half a century! frightening! Three of the defenders at Rorkes Drift are buried in Ruddington cemetery; Caleb Wood, Robert Tongue and James Marshall.

We were all at my grandmothers house, it had been raining all morning. Boredom had set in, we had all played non stop ping pong on the dining room table throughout the previous evening, so my grandmo

Beekay, I like that poster as it reminds us that some people like to take their time going from A to B, appreciating other things along the way.  And I think you do actually understand the concep

I enjoyed it too Margie, the first time round. But I don't want it rammed down my throat before I've had chance to remember it.x

Edit...The word 'Overkill' comes to mind.

2 hours ago, MargieH said:

I think that animated film is beautiful - I love it and have watched it three times already ……  it touches me every time.  I also have the book!  

If you have the book Margie, how or why is the little boy found to be on his own, with no explanation on the reason for him being lost and alone. Any help Cherub?

Totally agree, some of these films have been on at least 3 times over Christmas and New Year. We all love them but only really want to see them once more. Have done lots of knitting whilst also doing “passive” viewing! 
Mrs B

Just a quick return to the zulu theme, Cetawayo (king of the Zulu's at the time of the war) Assagai (spear) along with his shield are (or was) on display at Nottingham castle

Rog

• Upvote 1

@Beekay Being (or feeling) ‘lost’ isn’t always about a physical place, and this is what the author is attempting to get across to his readers.

Also, finding a ‘a home’ isn’t always about an actual house.

Hope this makes sense….

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Afraid not Margie. I'm still no wiser, but then again, I've allus been 'lost'.

As I posted in another topic, Don't know why I just posted this but it seems to fit in with some of the comments

P1090409_(2).jpg

Rog

Beekay, I like that poster as it reminds us that some people like to take their time going from A to B, appreciating other things along the way. 

And I think you do actually understand the concept of being ‘lost’ - perhaps feeling alone (despite having people around you) and unsure of the direction you want your life to take.

Is that a better explanation?

The book (and film) is about how we can express our feelings and why some people. Behave in a certain way …. and  lots more.  Love it

• Like 2

Apparently the Zulu film show on telly the other day was an edited version? Censorship gone mad :crazy:

I have only watched Match of the Day over the festive period, my Mam was moaning about the recent World Cup coverage, come on even a average TV with free-view must have over 100/150 other channels you could watch :ph34r: 

• Like 1

If they did edit Zulu for the Channel 5 broadcast, it would probably only be so that they could squeeze in more commercial breaks. The cinema version runs for 2:18 according to IMDB. Once C5 got their hands on it, it ran for 2:50.

On 1/2/2023 at 8:18 AM, plantfit said:

Just a quick return to the zulu theme, Cetawayo (king of the Zulu's at the time of the war) Assagai (spear) along with his shield are (or was) on display at Nottingham castle

Rog

And that chap who was portrayed as a malingerer, Hitch or Hook? 

In the real world a lay preacher.

If I remember it was an English regiment, not Welsh at this time.

It's a great film, all the same.

Has Forrest Gump been on this year?

I have it on BLU-RAY..

1 hour ago, HSR said:

And that chap who was portrayed as a malingerer, Hitch or Hook? 

In the real world a lay preacher.

If I remember it was an English regiment, not Welsh at this time.

It's a great film, all the same.

Has Forrest Gump been on this year?

I have it on BLU-RAY..

Henry Hook was a lay preacher there is also a radio interview with either him or Colour sgt Bourn can't remember which, I think it was the Swiss who was awarded the VC but unfortunately he lost it overboard when he was travelling to the US, The regiment you refer to was the 24th foot, I'll have to trawl through my books to find more details about the men who were involved in the battle

Rog

A bit of local information about the Rorkes drift battle, three soldiers who were in that battle are buried in the graveyard in Ruddington Notts, all three graves do have headstones so are easily found, Pte Caleb Wood, pte James Marshall and pte Robert Tongue

Still never seen it, partly because that kind of film doesn't appeal to me at all.

Also because it features Michael Caine, and I've never understood why he's so highly regarded. Whenever I've seen him in any film, he seems to be rather wooden and dull as an actor.

There's more................because

''Yer just supposed to blow the bleddy doors off''....lol