• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bazza: - I think I solved it. I artificially boosted your post count and it looks like the forum is now unlocked. Try it and let me know!

Bazza 123, to check you are doing the correct thing ............... when you Log In you should see a box on your screen which looks something like this. In the box where I've put XXXX you should b

Your intention to depart is indeed sad to read, Bazza 123. I was surprised to read that such restrictions applied to new members and 250 posts is quite an 'apprenticeship'. But then again, Bazza, d

I just signed in and out to see if it makes a difference to whether a topic is locked. There are some topics with the Locked sign on the right, occurring when I am not signed in, but open when I sign in. I thought it was just the Topics not particularly about Nottingham, but some of them are.?

carni is correct !

I'd forgotten that in some threads/forums you cannot reply to a post unless you are logged in; if you just browse as a visitor you will see some topics marked as Locked. I just logged out and found that Rudeness was locked, but I could still post in some other threads.

Hmmmm.....

Took a look at your profile Bazza and there does not appear to be any restrictions on it, but I logged in as you (it's an admin tool - I can't see your password), and you are correct - the "Rudeness" thread is locked!

I have no idea why this is happening - we will have to wait for Mick to show up and take a look!

There are a numder of topics locked, I found Zulu and a couple of others too by logging out...Odd, doesn't seem to be any reason for locking them..

As you know I am very busy everday until the election 5/6/13.

Meet up tonight.

I suggest Google Invisionpower locked topic

Or Eric create an account and ask in the Invisionpower support forum.

Hiya Bazza, I have had a look at which threads are locked for me. When I am not logged in, there are three Locked Threads, one being Word Association! As soon as I log in, they are just open as usual. Have you got the same, or do they stay locked for you after you have logged in?

Bazza.....are you actually logging into the site when you enter your details or are you still designated as an outsider; despite your belief that you have logged in??

I am not questioning your IT ability in the slightest and it probably sounds silly but it is a possible cause for your predicament and would explain the continued 'Locked Topics' that you get..there are various checks that you can carry out to see whether you are actually logged in e.g. see if you can check a members' profile. You will not be allowed to if you are not logged in.

I am the same as carni....prior to logging in, I will see various topics 'Locked' but as soon as I log in, they are removed.

I think the UKIP fever has finally got to mick2me....I see in his last post (#10) that he states 'As you know I am very busy everday until the election 5/6/13.' Poor man doesn't even know what year it is, let alone the day :bluespin04:

It confuses me, this log in/log out stuff.............I logged in ages ago.......close the site when i leave......come back and i'm logged in automatically.......why log out.

• Upvote 1

Bazza,

Don't go. Just hang on a while. It is clear you are having a problem and it is not a personal thing. I can't help you but i'm pretty sure someone will come up with the answer for you eventually. Ode On Miduck!

Fynger

I have no idea why we do it? I was shown this way by someone when I first had my Computer. There must be some reason, but alas, it's all beyond me!

Could this be an Explorer thing. I use Google Chrome. Google saved my password - I never log in or out and have never seen a locked topic. Might be worth having a go with Chrome and see what happens if you are not using it anyway

• Upvote 1

Bazza 123, to check you are doing the correct thing ............... when you Log In you should see a box on your screen which looks something like this.

signin.jpg

In the box where I've put XXXX you should be typing in your name Bazza 123, and then type your password in the box below. If you are using your home computer you can tick the "Remember Me" box. If you have done all those points, you shouldn't see any topics locked.

• Upvote 2

Bazza is correct. I can log in under his name (it's an admin thing), and all of the topics under "General Chat" are locked to him. I have tried checking the forum settings, and his member settings, but everything looks just fine. I have tried using the IPB help forum, but since I do not own the software, I cannot post a question, but I couldn't find an answer there either.

The only idea I can come up with at the moment is to create another member ID for him, and see if that works.

Bazza: - Send me a PM if that is what you would like to try.

Dont use fixed lines have been on mobile broadband for ages also dont have a landline have use mobiles for ages too it works out cheaper for me.Oh by the way here in Tas we have bitumen roads flushing toilets and electricity!!!

• Upvote 1