Bloody good job they have, Bazza123, or the wife and I would not be considering moving down there to live.....get out of the rat race here on the mainland!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bazza: - I think I solved it. I artificially boosted your post count and it looks like the forum is now unlocked. Try it and let me know!

Bazza 123, to check you are doing the correct thing ............... when you Log In you should see a box on your screen which looks something like this. In the box where I've put XXXX you should b

Your intention to depart is indeed sad to read, Bazza 123. I was surprised to read that such restrictions applied to new members and 250 posts is quite an 'apprenticeship'. But then again, Bazza, d

O.K. - I'll change it in the morning and send you the details. Sorry I can't do it now - it's bedtime in the good old US of A!

Trevor S I actually dont like it down here,I have no option really unfortunately,because of a super fund manager and bad investments,the gfc,and expensive marriage breakup,and finally an expensive taste in classic cars,motor bikes boats,overseas trips during my early retirement I have no money so need cheap rent.If I won lotto I would go back to the UK to be with extended family or as second prize go back to my beloved Batemans Bay NSW.Its boring here nothing to do and Taswegians are very insular they question what are you doing here they think we come here to make money out of real estate or something and then go back to where ever they come from.So Trevor make sure you have family close by they will become very important to you believe me I have no family just my dog.

Just a quick though before I go out.

Permissions:

There are some Catagories that are set for newer members to have no access to ie.politics, this should preven searchbots reading them.

The limit is 250 post. Bazza has 29 an has not reached the post count.

It may be that some are set for Read but not Write, when the bot should be set no access?

I did ask what catagories the topics were in? to give us some kind of clue?

Sorry I have npot been able to deal with this this week?

for something that was for a bit of fun and a chance to experience Nottingham my home town where my family were prominent in business and the community, this site is becoming to hard for me,so if I'm going to be restricted its bye bye Nottstagia.

Your intention to depart is indeed sad to read, Bazza 123.

I was surprised to read that such restrictions applied to new members and 250 posts is quite an 'apprenticeship'. But then again, Bazza, do you really want to join in with some of those arguments of late?

Join in the fun on all the other Topics, get your 250 up if that is what is required and then come out with all guns firing.

It will not take you long to get the figures....I have over 7000 in just over 12 months and mostly garbage, song, word and film association.

There is so much to be enjoyed on this Forum with greatest delight in reading the postings of the members on this site regarding the old Nottingham and, of course, the old pictures.

But as I said in a previous Topic on members departing, it is your choice............................................... unionflag

• Upvote 2

Don't leave us Bazza. Spend a couple of days on Word, Song and Film Association and you'll be up to 250 posts in no time, as Trevor has said.

• Upvote 1

Still locked out of things like First School, which doesn't appear to have a limit on it ( some of the recent posts have less than 30 posts).As I said on an earlier post, out of 15 topics which I tried, I am locked out of 7. If I can't add comment to topics what's the point of staying?

• Upvote 1

Mmmm, looks like the gremlins have been messing about, it's not just Bazza but also Sparky having problems. For me topics show that they are locked only when I haven't bothered to sign in. I've only noticed this recently as well.

Hello, Bazza 123. It's sad to read that you're thinking of leaving Nottstalgia and I hope you decide to stay with us. Having just typed that out I feel like British Gas writing to a customer who'se decided to change to EDF Energy...lol. It was good advice from Trevor S and LizzieM to get stuck into 'Word, Song and Film Association' to quickly get the 250 posts that you require to get full access to Nottstalgia. I think it's a good idea to have a buffer zone with new members because there are a lot of idiots out there who'd like to ruin this Site. Also, having read your post (#28), I think it would be good for you to have contact with your Nottstalgia friends here in Nottingham. Whatever you decide to do, Bazza 123, I'd just like to say thanks for your posts which I, and others, have enjoyed reading.

• Upvote 2

Bazza: - I think I solved it. I artificially boosted your post count and it looks like the forum is now unlocked. Try it and let me know!

• Upvote 3

Bazza will be in bed now.

As far as I can tell (and I didn't go through 'em all), the "Owt' Abaaht Nowt" forum was the only one that required a number of posts before you could post to it - it was set at 25.

I have re-set it to 0 (Zero), so anybody "should" be able to post to it - so behave!

I will also re-set Bazza's post count to a more realistic number!

Yep - it should all work now.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Eric

It is a 'Permission' problem as I have suspected.

Needs tuning?

Let me make this quite clear about the topic viewing permission level.

Certain topic categories not related to Nottinghamshire Discussions are only visible to read or post by members with more than 250 posts.

These include very few categories such as Political Discussions and Private Member only discussions.

The reasons for this are?

To prevent Googlebot and others indexing these areas and returning them as search results.

So that members can post material without it being visible to guests.

To prevent trolls who are likely to be attracted to these areas seeing them.

To Prevent guests reading them and ensure these areas are only available to established members.

Most active ,members quickly reach 250 posts. Word association thread was posted to assist with this.

I am sorry if any member feels aggrieved that the 250 limit restricts access if only on a temporary basis, particularly if they decide they are going to leave because of this.