It was the "Owt 'Abaht Nowt" thread that was causing the problem. The count requirement was set at 25, but no other topics under the same grouping had any limits at all, so I set that one to zero and the problem went away!

As a work-around, I temporarily set Bazza's post count up, but I re-set it when I figured out the real problem

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bazza: - I think I solved it. I artificially boosted your post count and it looks like the forum is now unlocked. Try it and let me know!

Bazza 123, to check you are doing the correct thing ............... when you Log In you should see a box on your screen which looks something like this. In the box where I've put XXXX you should b

Your intention to depart is indeed sad to read, Bazza 123. I was surprised to read that such restrictions applied to new members and 250 posts is quite an 'apprenticeship'. But then again, Bazza, d

It was, but he hadn't re-tried the topic and he posted a bunch to try to get up to 250 - which we thought was the threshold. By then Sparky was having the same issue and I could see no reason for the Owt topic being set at 25 when it's siblings were at zero. It did take me a while to find where the settings were located! Definitely a "discovery learning" experience!

That's what I thought! I couldn't think of any logical reason for the 25.

I can quite understand the permission level on certain topics as mick2me quoted in #50 and I have no problems with that..... it was just so frustrating not being able to get on what were obviously 'open' discusssions. Thank you for sorting it.

• Upvote 1