Hi All.

Since joining this brilliant site I have enjoyed reading many of your posts and stories about the great place that is Nottingham.

As you may know I used to live in the Blacks Head during the late 70s and early eighties. I would be interested to hear any memories that you have of going in there for a drink.

Was it a regular pub you used? Do you have any special occasions you might have celebrated in there.

My late grandparents George and Dorothy were the licencees from 1967 to 1982.

If anyone has old pictures to share of the darts and football teams that would be great.

Unfortunately I only have 1 picture of the old sign on my FB account, nothing else can be found within the remaining family, so anything would be welcome.

Many thanks in advance for any contributions

i will ask my brother wemmy if he has got any used to go in there regular when he was not bared that is think he used to play in the darts team too at one time but it might have been nags head he played for george and kenny bates also played for black head but not sure if it was during that time frame.

although i lived in carlton, cavendish rd i did not very often drink locally because there was always someone who knew my family. so i always went further afield. dont think i ever went in blacko at all and by 72 i was married and moved away from carlton.

THINK KENNY STILL PLAYS DARTS FOR THEM OR AT LEAST STILL GOES IN ON DARTS NIGHTS AS MY SISTER PLAYS FOR AN ARNOLD TEAM AND OFTEN SEZ SHE HAS SEEN HIM WHEN THEY PLAY BLACKS HEAD.

• 1 year later...

Hi I am a Carlton lad, I also have known the Bates since I was a kid - they used to lives 3 or 4 doors down from me on Coningswath Road. Mick and Andy and Trev (Trev died in a car crash with Wayne Marriot).

A question: I remember the Blacks Head sign being a person. Was it a man or woman? Has anyone got a picture of it?

thanks

Had an Uncle lived on Carlton hill in the 50s,and he used to take me on Fishing matches,and the pick up point was the 'Blackamoor'........he did'nt take me often,because they had to keep stopping the Bus.............for me to be Sick,i still remember all the old Anglers moaning.

I lived on Park Rd about 100 yards away 1955/62 so that was my local. The blacks Head / Blackamoors Head was the first pub that my dad ever went into by himself. He was in his 50's and it was the day before giving my sister away.

• 2 weeks later...