Remember the time when most men wore hats? i went in the "Bell" in town yesterday and a bloke came in wearing one of those leather cowboy hats" he looked very smart and it got me to thinking back to when Hats were a very common sight.nowadays apart from baseball caps" its much rarer.my Dad wore a flat cap every day but when he took Mam out a "trillby" waas the order of the day.I also remember on old sporting occasions when the crowds were a sea of flat caps.I have a flat cap and a Trilby but must admit only wear tthem when out in the rain,do you still wear one?

When in the US I always look at the hats in the stores over there, such as the ones you mention and wish more people here would wear them so I would not look so out of place if I wore one.

Never worn one. I can't stand "trendy" types and posers like singers, actors and petty celebs who appear on TV wearing a cap or hat.

Also people who wear hats indoors. It's not raining inside so get it off. Pop singers and groups too appearing indoors, it's plain daft.

And whilst were on the subject of clothing, "men" who wear pink trousers, shorts, jackets and jumpers. It's not trendy, you look a tw4t.

• Upvote 5

Lads who wear them back to front should have their heads repositioned accordingly.

Those who wear the peaks to the side should just have their heads removed.

• Upvote 6

if you dont wear a Hat when its raining basfordred are you a "Wally with a Brolly" ......BTW i am lol

Must admit I do wear an old baseball cap I once found on a train. I only kept it because it was Ralph Lauren brand. I keep it in my kagool pocket for wet occasions. As for a brolly, never owned one, but Mrs red has one and somehow manages to get the prongs either up my nose, in my ear or worse still, near my eye. She swears she'll get me one day.

• Upvote 1

Must admit when i was working in London i used to ponce about with my very manly long handled black brolly or my Trilby,seemed ok there,not the same in Bulwell.....i do agree witth you about Hats being worn indoors very rude,and pink shorts are a def.no no.anywhere,lol.

• Upvote 1

Lads who wear them back to front should have their heads repositioned accordingly.

Those who wear the peaks to the side should just have their heads removed.

Someone once said to me "the further they screw them round the lower the IQ" Sounds about right to me!

• Upvote 1

I have worn shorts all the way through winter, the camo type ones that come just below the knee, cargo pockets and all, I converted them from a couple of pairs of camo trousers when I had a pot on me leg after breaking it, they were easy to put on and get off, just seem to have stuck with them, I admit I have to wear the hi vis trousers over the top of them for work but that's only whilst I'm there, fair enough I might look a tw&t but I'm comfortable, I have also got a couple of flat caps that I wear occasionally and I always wear a hard hat at work

Rog

I wear a 'Tilley' hat when I'm fishing but rarely wear a hat at any other time. Having been in the RAF and wearing berets and so forth, I'm not too keen on head gear. I wear shorts in the house only. My legs aren't the sort to advertise!

• Upvote 1

My dad wore a flat cap, as did most men around us in my childhood. I'm pretty sure the flat cap had the knick name 'ratting cap'.

My grandad, 2nd from left, back row, working on the Saxby's factory in Bar Lane, 1930's I think. Everyone wore a tit fer in those days.

201214.jpg

• Upvote 5

Now then. She would she not be elegant without any clothes on. Besides, who would want to see a naked lady in a large-brimmed hat?

• Upvote 1

#13 brilliant photo katyjay,you would"nt argue with any of em"

#18 Wills Woodbine, a Park Drive or a Players Weights? Doubt it is an E-cigarette.

• Upvote 1

Me granddad never went anyywhere wi'aht his old cap. It were so big as it were like a dustbin lid.

I had a black silk "Walk-style" top hat made for me by a firm of hatters in Birmingham. I used it when morris dancing. I still have the hat but no longer dance.

• Upvote 1

Being folically challenged I do have a selection of "Sun" hats, woolly hats for winter walking and birding and living in Yorkshire it's de rigeur to have a flat cap or two!

Was in Holmfirth for a few days a couple of weeks ago and didn't see anyone in a flat cap. It was very sunny for a few days and most enjoyable.