Can anyone explain how to hire a van! maybe it's me? but can't make head or tail of the charges, fee's etc, All I want to do is drive to a yard/depot, park my car, pick up a van drive to destination, put motorbike in the back drive to my home drop bike off then take van back. All in same day.Simple? Not till you come to do it! before I find out the charges I have to give date of birth, grandparents names, whether I've had any infectious diseases, bank pin no. etc! Ok, I exaggerate a bit lol but how do they charge? so much a day + mileage etc or via fuel used etc? looks a right minefield to me!

Bridges Van Hire at Awsworth I have used many times before I bought a van meesen. They charge a hire fee up to a certain mileage and the charge xp per mile after that mileage. I never had any problems with them.

With most hire places, they give you a full tank of petrol/diesel. When you return the vehicle, you have to return it with a full tank of petrol/diesel. So it will cost you the amount of fuel you used.