Notice to Male members...

I note from recent post moderation, that still a small minority of male members are continuing with bickering and arguing leading to topics being locked and posts removed. We never have any problem with the girls?

Therefore I have decided that ALL lady members of Nottstalgia are now in charge.

Should you be warned by any of the girls re inappropriate posts or comment against other members that you disagree with, consider it the last step before temporary suspension of account or your posts pending moderator approval.

I make this post not having read any of the recent posts in question, so I don't know who would fall in to that catagory?

So now be'ave yersens and do as yer tode!

• Upvote 5
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since becoming a member 3 years ago,I have enjoyed coming on to Nottstalgia,reading the posts and at times posting on certain threads. The last few months I have not been very active on the site,due

Oh I don't know Fynger, it's making ME smile on a horrible wet June morning!

I note from recent post moderation, that still a small minority of male members are continuing with bickering and arguing leading to topics being locked and posts removed. We never have any problem wi

well done mick have noticed recently whatever someone says others are belittling whatever they saynot nice and not nessisary .

• Upvote 1

There is nothing wrong with a difference of opinion, its how you handle it.

Like the rotten to the core political system, people here including myself are absolutely sick of it.

If anyone has a complaint please do not PM me, I am very busy, please speak to one of our lovely ladies :)

You people have to ask yourselves a question.

"Do you believe in free speech? Or just free speech that you happen to agree with?"

If it's me that you are skulking around behind the scenes complaining about - then just ban me and have done with it. Hardly the end of the world eh?

• Upvote 1

If there was no free speech here we would have deleted any topic or post not relating to Notts.

I resisted requests to remove all political threads, to give you the opportunity to express your opinions.

All I ask is that you do not abuse the privilege.

• Upvote 1

The bottom line is that moderation of a topic (either by editing, or removal) is NOT a violation of free speech! It is EXACTLY the same as if you write a letter to the newspaper. They are under no obligation to print it, they can print an edited version, or they can throw it in the trash. The same is true here.

If you disagree with this, and you did agree to it when you became a member here, then the answer is to start your own bulletin board and put what YOU want on it.

• Upvote 1

If they do start a BB though Eric, they will be bound legally to what the hosting company allow in their terms of use....

So who is it that is you are talking about that is making unacceptable posts? Someone that votes UKIP? Someone that is against boxing on the grounds that violence in society is bad? How about just saying who it is? Is it a secret?

Personaly I dont give a shit who it is, as I said in #1 I have not had part in moderating the posts, nor am I aware of the posts at issue.

What I do know is that I am currently spending much valuable time answering your post.

The rules here apply to all, I have said before, as Eric has said, If you dont like the beer find another pub.

• Upvote 1

Why do you need to know who it, or they, are? It serves no useful purpose, other than for others (you?) to pick on them or bully them. We try not to do that here!

It doesn't matter who makes the inappropriate posts, it does matter that they are appropriately taken care of. There are forum rules, BBS use rules and legal rules that come in to play. Pointing the finger solves nothing.

• Upvote 1

Well we still don't know who the 'bad' poster is or what rule they are deemed to have broken. If it is me then which rule have I broken? If it's not then I'll carry on as I am as I am not aware of having broken any. Will you stop the cloak and dagger stuff and at least indicate what the problem is?

No idea t'owd lad, I don't read all the threads and posts...

The problem is inappropriate posts. If it was you, you would know. No, I will not divulge who it is, or specifically what they have done and nor will any other admin or moderator.

If you are not sure about the rules, click on the "Nottstalgia Community Guidelines" link at the bottom of the page.

This site has been a credit to Mick2me and all of the moderaters who help keep it that way. What a shame that occasionally people rock this boat, by putting their opinions over so strongly that it obviously upsets others. No I haven't complained, not because I am a coward at speaking out. I have my opinions and some are quite strong. If I thought that I could change anything, Then I would speak up! but I do think we should consider each other a bit in the way we put our opinions across.

• Upvote 3

From what I have read on here recently there were some comments that were a little too near the knuckle, and rather explicit which disappeared and this is probably what has lead to this thread. I wasn't one of the complainants, but it did make me cringe. And actually Bilboro-lad had nothing to do with you. But of course if you want the ignominy of being banned you could just remove yourself :hand:

• Upvote 3

You're not wrong Darkazana! I've seen some pretty 'out there' comments as well but haven't complained as I suppose it's always bound to happen with people having different opinions. Like Carni said though, it's a shame when the forum is such a credit to Mick2Me!

• Upvote 1

Well it ain't me!

I could be judged by what is posted here, mostly good, but we do get the odd idiot posts.

You can bet that its the idiot post by A.N.Other that I am judged on.

• Upvote 1

The thing about Nottstalgia is that it's a friendly Site where everyone normally gets along ok. This is the only Site on the Internet that I contribute to but I understand from posts on here that other Sites on the Internet can get quite heated and abusive. I may have different views to some other Members about certain things but I don't try to force my opinion on anyone because I know it's bad manners and a waste of time. We all have our own views on life but have different ways of expressing them. I sometimes think that some people don't mean to be so blunt with their posts, it's just in their character for them to be like this.

• Upvote 3