Notice to Male members...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since becoming a member 3 years ago,I have enjoyed coming on to Nottstalgia,reading the posts and at times posting on certain threads. The last few months I have not been very active on the site,due

Oh I don't know Fynger, it's making ME smile on a horrible wet June morning!

I note from recent post moderation, that still a small minority of male members are continuing with bickering and arguing leading to topics being locked and posts removed. We never have any problem wi

Re #49, any members who believe that I'm responsible for the chaos and lack of integrity on this and the Carl Froch topic, please read the full topics thoroughly. I have tried to placate certain members and dilute the situation to no avail.

• Upvote 1

Yes. Read it from the beginning. Is it really that extreme that someone should be against boxing, pub brawling, violence on TV, Violent computer games, road rage etc. Society is violent - anything that promotes violence is (in my opinion) wrong. Get over it folks. When your grandson gets glassed or your husband/wife gets abuse in a road rage incident - I'm sure you'll change your mind.

What a bundle of fun !

If there was no free speech here we would have deleted any topic or post not relating to Notts.

I resisted requests to remove all political threads, to give you the opportunity to express your opinions.

All I ask is that you do not abuse the privilege.

But 99.99999% of the topics do relate to Notts, they are related because the person who wrote them, has had some connection with the county.....

• Upvote 2

I can now clearly see the problem here.

Kev and the rest of the team have worked hard over the last ten years tp keep this forum running on an even keel.

Please do not abuse them or the privilege of being a member.

If you are an idiot, you are in the minority here and you are not welcome.

I put the ladies in charge because they are very good at dealing with children, of which again we have a minority membership.

Either get back on track with your posts or all your posts will be moderated (when we get time).

I will leave this topic open for the time being.

I am now coming round to the idea that has been suggested that I will delete all discussions apart from those about Notts.

Now tell me about your 'free speech'

Excuse me but I am a little busy at the moment trying to change things for the whole of the UK.

Thanks for the support of all our decent members.

• Upvote 5

I think it is OK to have a difference of opinion as long as we all respect each others difference of opinion. We all have different circumstances which makes our political leaning different. I think the problem comes when insults are traded over difference in opinion. I would say it is OK to insult politicians. That is what they are there for is it not? LOL.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is entitled to be Pedantic, or an idiot, or both or neither whenever they feel like it.

• Upvote 1

But who is the culprit? Who is making the insulting posts that need deleting? I've not seen any. Where are they? Do they exist? Just say it folks, and stop referring to a person without referring to a person. Who are you all talking about?

You are an argumentative SOB aren't you, and taking up mine and other staff valuable time.

Can you get back to Notts discussions please.

• Upvote 1

Why are you so obsessed with finding a culprit?

As stated, we will not give names. What difference does it make to you? What would (or could) you do about it - issue belittling remarks to that person? Not exactly what this is about, is it?

• Upvote 2

Enough.

Personally, I'm an idiot. There's more of my sort than any other but we're all someone's idiot so let's accept it and let's be friends. I enjoy my sessions on here, although I don't spend all that much time and don't know much about what goes on in Nottingham these days, or remember everything from the past. Discussions are fun though!

• Upvote 4

Tomlinson, I have not been reading so dont know what you are posting is idiotic.

I am referring to 'Troll posts', Which I admit to have been drawn into, despite the

comment on my profile since August...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin"

• Upvote 1