jimmylad

Radford Boulevard School (1954-1958

24 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Tried Facebook once, contacted a cousin in Canada. Within a minute I was inundated with hundreds of photos from people I'd never heard of ! Cancelled membership after 18 minutes. Still don't understand the concept of it.  

Perhaps you could try try again with Facebook, BK.   There  are several Nottingham groups on there which have memories and pictures of Nottingham.  You might even find someone who went to your old school

and I'll be your Facebook friend if you want!

If you do decide to reregister on Facebook,, I'll tell you the names of the Nottingham groups.....

I still like Nottstalgia best, though, as it's a forum, not just a 'page' and it's more structured with all the different topics.  

I only use Facebook for miniatures so all the group's interact with are members only, I don't get requests for anything. I couldn't stand being bombarded by people I didn't know, Nostalgia suits me fine chat to anyone your all like friends.

36 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Perhaps you could try try again with Facebook, BK.   There  are several Nottingham groups on there which have memories and pictures of Nottingham.  You might even find someone who went to your old school

and I'll be your Facebook friend if you want!

If you do decide to reregister on Facebook,, I'll tell you the names of the Nottingham groups.....

I still like Nottstalgia best, though, as it's a forum, not just a 'page' and it's more structured with all the different topics.  

Thought you were my friend anyway. You have helped me many times. Still don't understand FB though. B. x

• Like 1

On 22 March 2018 at 8:11 PM, Pattie said:

I when the to School with Mary Pike Anne Crage

Spelt wrong, but my Auntie Ann & Aunt Mary both Butler Terrace.

Get your cash out & save it mostly likely being demolished, it's not listed.

http://www.nccproperty.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/203-Ilkeston-Road-Particulars.pdf

Some very interesting photos on this download. Brought back loads of memories. Assembly hall upstairs, changing rooms below, shared with girls school (not at same time). Could even see my classroom. Going to see if I can capture the pictures for archives.

14 hours ago, Brew said:

I must have done the same then as BK then. I started an account some years ago and within a very short time my e-mail inbox was overpowered with 'friends suggestions' and 'people I may know'. I closed the account

Only know of one person in Canada, my cousin Yvonne. But was snowed under with loads of pictures of dogs from all over that country. Of no interest to me at all. At 75 , if I don't know folks now I never will.

Thing with Facebook is to simply set up the privacy options to your requirements. That's the reason for being inundated with junk.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TBI said:

Thing with Facebook is to simply set up the privacy options to your requirements. That's the reason for being inundated with junk.

Wouldn't know where to start TBI.

I've found loads of old friends, one from my young days, my late Mum and his worked together on opposite shifts, that way they had cheap baby sitters, that was over 65 years back. Caught up with another old mate who I've known for 54 years and lost contact with until FB. My old boss is on my friends list and loads of old workmates from way back, so FB has it's uses. I also started a private group for myself and relatives.

I've been on FB for years and never had any problems with large amounts of junk. All I see is posts from people who I know, and posts made within Groups which I follow. (and quite a few of those include people on Nottstalgia). 

I've also established contact with a lot of people I've known at various times in the past and, without help from FB, I probably would never have met again. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Wouldn't know where to start TBI.

Plenty of online help BK, and members on here who use it I'm sure could assist.

Personally FB has limited appeal to me so I don't use it much.

I was very anti FB at one time but just over a year ago I felt I was losing touch with my family

in Canada so I joined and it's been great to share family memories. I have had one or two strange

friend request but I just delete them.    

• Like 1

Thanks TBI and sue B 48 but as regards FB I'm afraid the jury is still out. B.

• Like 1

If you lot are not seeing the problems I've described then it must be something I did, or didn't do.

I've just googled 'stop notifications on Facebook'. According to FB support you can't turn off notifications entirely. Being a dinosaur any programme that foists their dross on me is always going in the bin

• Like 1

My oldman's old school Radford Boulevard got a few demolition signs attached to it :Shock: That's going to make a big hole?   

That's been raised on Facebook, there are no plans for demolition of the Old building at the roadside, it's the newer extensions at the rear that are going.

And Asbestos removal inside

Yes, it's the same 'demolition' company who also have a sign on the Grove pub at Lenton, and with a similar explanation.