Nothing that worries me in particular, but I wonder if someone can tell me what warning points are?

Clicking through various areas of the Forum (it's always best to look first!) I could not see anything obvious about them.

I have noticed that the number is not always shown on some profiles and does not seem to be related to the number of posts or status of the member.

Example:- My own shows 0 Warning Points (big sigh of relief on that!)

Just interested to know...

Thanks

Smiffy

I think they are all zero! We haven't used them for anything yet, they are simply a part of the forum software. There is some discussion about using them to let folk know when they are pushing the limits, but nothing yet!

Mine likewise, but two have been banned recently, A Charlesworth and beefsteak, but I didn't see any warning points unless they were notified personally. Best not to push your luck. I often breathe a sigh of relief myself, so fingers crossed.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the explanation everyone.

Why do some even have the line "Warning Points" shown on their little icon on the left hand side, even if they are all 0 (such as myself) but others do not even have a reference to the number of points?

Sorry about this, just curious... :-)

Smiffy

PS: What is the nicely coloured (Corporation Green?) Reputation score?

I don't see any that don't have the "warning points" line (including me)! Examples?

A Charlesworth is not banned, just AWOL I guess!

You'll have to ask Mick about the "Reputation" score - not even sure if a high score is good, or bad!

I've got Warning Points shown on my profile, but not noticed any others.

Smiffy, every time someone 'likes' something another poster has talked about, the number in the green box increases, ie, it's your number of 'likes' by your fellow posters.

I gorrit!

Bah, Lizzie beat me to it!

No, I've got no points, it's just the words that are there.

Warning points moi................... Cheeky.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Michael, I won't waste my time scrutinising everyone's profile then.

Thank you fellow reds fan basfordred nice that some one can understand my posts ,I think bilboro lad also speaks as he finds and know that he posts exactly what he thinks like it or not he is honest ,I hAve observed several people getting heated in their comments ,it is not hatred just their way of communicating I guess such people will not call you behind your back ,that is the way people I was brought up with behaved ,understand as adults and do not take offence as none is meant,just response to comments made.

On a similar tack......what does it mean when a member is shown as 'Deleted' - is it by their own choice or that of Admin?

Wouldn't have asked otherwise...would I!

A member was active in many posts (138) and then - silence.

Something brought that member to mind the other day and on searching for them, I find that their status is now 'Guest' in various topics and their PMs are shown as 'Deleted Member'.

Not seen it before...not even for beefsteak.

Probably means their login name was deleted.

Why are you so obsessed with how the forum is managed?

A simple question, Limey. I was going to post Phoenix regarding ACHS and a mutual friend. It was then I discovered her status.

Would not have thought that enquiry was even approaching an obsession on how the Forum was managed or, is any question regarding Nottstalgia something that is now viewed as inappropriate?

Or are you referring to my previous post regarding the removal of topics?

In actual fact, I find your question, 'Why are you so obsessed with how the forum is managed? somewhat strange and out of order.

I was going to post Phoenix regarding ACHS and a mutual friend. It was then I discovered her status.

If I recall the correct person, Phoenix got very angry about a particular topic and almost demanded to be deleted from the forum. It was entirely her own choice.

Thanks, Cliff Ton.

Couldn't have been around when that happened.

Last I knew was back in February this year. She had sustained damage to her roof as the result of storms and was waiting on repairmen.

Trust she is OK.

Thanks for clearing up the mystery. hellothere

I'm Back... Well almost, I’m also trying to catch up with my own life too...

Firstly if a member is 'banned' from this forum, it will be very clear from their status.

Unless it says Banned their status may be restricted or there may be other reasons they may no longer post or wish to post in our forums.

To be Banned their behaviour on this board would have been very extreme indeed.

It is not right to discuss any particular members and why they are no longer posting here.

All we ask is that you are courteous here and do not post extreme or objectionable material.

This is pretty standard on any forum.

There are a number of members that voluntarily assist with the running of this Nottingham forum.

They have lives to lead as do I, and my family. I do not expect them to spend every spare minute

of their lives refereeing discussions! I‘m very grateful for their help, without which your forum would have ceased to exist in early 2010.

Since 2004 this forum has been an interest to some, and an godsend to others.

It has assisted people around the world with research and has promoted Nottingham and it's people in a good light. It has created strong friendships, understanding and tolerance.

Remember, there are two groups of people who read this content, Members and visitors, the latter being counted in Millions over the years. What they see is Nottingham people, what kind of people they are, and how they live their lives, no matter where in the world they now choose to live.

None of us live forever and don’t know when we will become ‘Member Offline?

Like those we have sadly lost from this forum over the years, your words will remain. you and other Nottingham people will be judged by them in future.

Imagine if we could see a remote tribe somewhere discussing life, or even our ancestors, discussing their ‘modern day’ lives and history. If I have my way this forum will do exactly that for our descendants.

Petty bickering from a minority of members does not enhance the reputation of Nottingham people, but pales into insignificance compared with extreme objectionable material we have removed from here in the past, that reflected a minority ‘free speech’ . I will not have Nottingham people judged today or in future, on the words of a few (now banned) extreme members.

If you have a view, please feel free to express it, and we will try to ensure that you are freely able to express that view, as long as it is not expressed to cause discord within our friendly group.

I may or may not review discussion areas that are available here. There are those that are of the opinion, that these should be removed. However my opinion is that these areas provide a valuable pressure valve for peoples opinions, as long as it does not entail a battle of counter opinions. If that is the case, I would rather get rid of Forum Categories than members who can't follow simple rules of etiquette.

Now does anyone object to me catching up with my life, the washing needs hanging out whilst we have some sunshine, speaking of which, get yersens out in it and and enjoy it whilst it and you are still here.

And… “Calm Down… It’s just a Nottingham Forum”

Peace :)

• Upvote 10