The big growth industry everywhere these days is nail bars. Every time a small shop unit becomes vacant it immediately re-opens as a nail bar. Ten years ago you'd never seen one; now they are breeding faster than Poundland or Tesco Express; how did we all cope with our nails in the old days?

The former Capocci's building on Parliament Street - mentioned many times in Nottstalgia - has become one of the latest victims of nail mania.

capocci.jpg

nailnew1.jpg

When the "Nail Fad" first became popular, I had a few months having them put on, but circumstances changed and I couldn't afford the fortnightly fill in charge. Since then, as you say Nail Bars are every where. When I see the nails on people now days, the trend seems to be as a French Polish. Colorless nail and long white tips. To often, I have seen the wearer turn their hand up and show the other side of the nail. There is nothing clean or hygienic looking on that side. In fact it makes me cringe to see them. Please note I mean on some people, not every one.

PS This is the opinion of someone who has had frazzled old hands and nails since Birth! No staring at the next meet up. LOL

• Upvote 1

Bad case of nail fungus.......

One of my many pet hates,anybodys Toe nails" in fact FEET in general

• Upvote 2

A womans lot is not happy one when it comes to the price of services for things like Nail bars and Hairdressers,whereas us blokes can get our Hair cut' beard trimmed,eyebrows ears and nose sorted all for a fiver. :biggrin:

Yes paulus,but with a depilator' you dont get the jokes and banter,or even something 'for the weekend sir?' :)

My missus cuts my hair for nowt, have a nose/ear hair trimmer and my eye brows are bushy now....

Some women don't like hairy men???? LOL

BEATS me Bob,but many do,apparantly the ladies like a well waxed man.

It's amazing, the ladies swoon over hairy film stars but want their men hairless.

I'm screwed then, as poor as a church mouse..

The Toe nail picture nearly made me faint, I'm a bit squeamish about stuff like that, I can't even bring myself to go back to look at which post it was, all I can say is "Ouchy" :faint: