Forgotten Comedians

That was Freddy Frinton.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM6diR0eK7k

Watch him in 'Dinner For One' as well.

Just like you, katyjay, our family used to stop everything when Freddy came on TV.

By the way, like your new avatar.......

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is an old one for you. Norman Evans. Les Dawson's Hero. You can see where Les got a lot of his expressions from.

Takes me back to some great times behind the Bar at Railway club Bulwell...........comedians...Singers...Dancing....and the fruit machine took ''Tanners'' Pint of Bitter and a 'Cherry 'B'.....abo

Harry Worth, his daughter Helen plays Gail in Coronation street. Not a lot of people know that.

Picture I snapped of Freddy Parrot Face Davis appearing at Standhill Rd Jubilee party, 1977

Can't seem to embed with flickr at the moment so link will have to do .

https://www.flickr.com/photos/djwilson22/14408604275/

• Upvote 1

One of my all time favourites was the late Dustin Gee whos partner I think was Les Dennis. An excellent double act lol

I couldn't stand Mike and Bernie Winters either but Shnorbitz was my sister-in-law's dog, she lent / hired him to Bernie for his show and then Bernie loved him so much that he adopted him.

That dog was the best part of the act !

• Upvote 1

Thought it about time I changed me physog, the previous one was 5 years old, this one 18 months. Like most folks it takes a while to find a photo of yourself you actually like!

• Upvote 1

Richard Hearne- dancing 'The Lancers', one of the funniest sketches I've seen.............it's on Youtube

• Upvote 1

Absolute classic Paulus, I remember this as a kid, brilliant.

Saw them once many years ago and have performed the 'Old Bazaar In Cairo' a couple of times. Totally knackering. I understand they got through about 8 Bettys, so to speak!

My sense of humour is surreal at the best of times, and the Goons were a little before my time. It doesnt matter as the show doesnt age.

Due to the magic that is the interweb, I can listen to the Goons. Sometimes I have been physically incapacitated by laughing - the sort where you cannot laugh fast enough before the next laugh comes.

Hilda Baker !

I once worked at the crematiorium that cremated Hylda Baker :) (Overdale Crem., Bolton)

My sense of humour is surreal at the best of times, and the Goons were a little before my time. It doesnt matter as the show doesnt age.

Due to the magic that is the interweb, I can listen to the Goons. Sometimes I have been physically incapacitated by laughing - the sort where you cannot laugh fast enough before the next laugh comes.

You can still hear the Goons on Radio 4 Extra, Tuesday mornings and evenings.

Two of the old comedians that I liked were Rob Wilton (radio. 'The day the war broke out...'), and a Scot named Chick Murray (early TV) . Chick was as droll as they came, everything told with a very straight face and very effective. He used to state the obvious in his patter, but in a way that was amusing. The modern lot who cavort at that London theatre are just awful. Note that audience are all young - they would not know good humour if it kicked them up the backside. Same goes for Mock the Week and other puerile TV shows.

One comic actor that never let you down was Will Hay, especially when he was accompanied by Moore Marriott and Graham Moffatt. I, too, have the box set of their films. Oh Mr Porter is undoubtedly their best; made in 1937 it hasn't aged a day.

• Upvote 1

They are a different generation with a different sense of humour 'chulla',TV and radio just don't cater for the older folk,and they should theres enough of us about,