Forgotten Comedians

I was in the local supermarket yesterday and in the same isle was hot cross buns, mince pies and those small Easter eggs. Well I thought I know I am forgetful and sometimes I don't know what day it is, but these here don't what Month it is, orĀ is this a conspiracy between the supermarket and my wife to have me committed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is an old one for you. Norman Evans. Les Dawson's Hero. You can see where Les got a lot of his expressions from.

Takes me back to some great times behind the Bar at Railway club Bulwell...........comedians...Singers...Dancing....and the fruit machine took ''Tanners'' Pint of Bitter and a 'Cherry 'B'.....abo

Harry Worth, his daughter Helen plays Gail in Coronation street. Not a lot of people know that.

Takes me back to some great times behind the Bar at Railway club Bulwell...........comedians...Singers...Dancing....and the fruit machine took ''Tanners''

Pint of Bitter and a 'Cherry 'B'.....about three bob''....and if anybody asked for a ''Cocktail'' they were ''Barred''

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

I never had the pleasure of going in a place like that. Is there a modern day equivalent ?

Doubt it Kev......times have changed so much.....Railway club still open under a different name.......went in a few years back to a dancing club........made me sad ....all the old faces missing....

Never to be forgotten Charlie......true Yorkshireman...

Saw him play for Doncaster rovers down Meadow lane...not a bad centre half.....

Wife had a train journey sat with him...said what a lovely man he was.......

• Like 1
10 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Takes me back to some great times behind the Bar at Railway club

Wheeltappers and Shunters Club

Colin Crompton "Let's have a bit of order then". "On behalf of the committee I'd just like to let you know the pies have come"

Full episodes can be seen on YT

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1