shopping home deliveries!

Iv always had my shopping delivered to my door since having my own house. It's very convenient and iv tried all the super markets. The cheapest and great quality for price I found was asda of course.

Does anyone on here use them? I'm interested to know if it's just me with problems. I'm pretty sure they're asserting their dominance by turning up 3 hours before the time I chose. Substituting rediculous amounts of things, some for silly things. I already ordered spring onions, why sub my spring greens for them despite it being cabbage? Items missing and when I call, I'm told nothing was missed, broken packaging, burst bottles of milk and broken eggs.

I love Asdas products and the price is spot on for my budget, but what's with the recent service?

Yes, every Friday, I give the wife a shopping list, she picks the groceries up from the store after she finishes work and delivers them here...LOL

• Upvote 2

Just remember that ASDA is owned by the Walton family - who (in the States) own WalMart and Sam's Club. Possibly the richest and meanest family in the USA!

As Catfan says try Tesco. They are not so bad but do have their off days.

When I worked at the nursing home as cook Asda was their choice of shop and they were awful. I would order 2kg joint and they would send 500g...I had to feed 19 out of that! And yes damaged goods, goods simply not delivered and even out of date goods, and substituting 1kg pack of pudding rice with 1 tin of mushy rice pudding! Dreadful company.

I usually get good service from Tesco - they always turn up on time. Only drawback is sometimes an item or two will not be available. I always ask for no substitutions, but sometimes they will provide them anyway, and last time it worked out well for me as they substituted Peters meat pies (don't know if you can get them in Notts) for their own brand so I got better quality for no extra charge.

On odd occasions an item has been missing, but on phoning them they deduct it from the bill with no questions asked.

I started to use home delivery here in France when I retired, and my wife not a supermarket lover, willing handed me the chore of the weekly shopping, at first I also not a supermarket lover, went around with the trolley, doing the shopping, but one day, the supermarket started to home delivery, and I gave it a try, and have never looked back, now all I do is order over internet in the morning, and by 5pm all is packed away in its right place,

I've never ever had a supermarket deliver food to my home, I don't mind going to the shop and looking (and feeling) and making my own choice. Maybe when I'm too old to drive I may consider that option but in the meantime I'm happy to go and fill my trolley.

• Upvote 1

I am so picky when it comes to fruit and veg, I like to pick my own. Having said that, there is no food deliveries out here anyway! I have a friend in the UK who does an order on-line for her housebound neighbour, it works well for them.

A neighbour of ours uses Asda home delivery. A while back, she ordered 500g of fresh tomatoes. They delivered 5 kilos instead, and refused to take them back (they only charged her for what she had ordered).

Luckily, she had us and Lizzie to share them with!

• Upvote 1