• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for that info Barclaycon. Paulus and others (including me) have already commented on the pathetic commentary coming out of Neville's mouth (on another 'World Cup' thread) but I don't think we'

Yes it's World Cup time and I for one, enjoy watching world class football on the box. However, over the years the coverage on TV has become harder and harder to watch. This time around it's even mo

Lizzie don't talk to me about tv remotes , once we went to our grand son's house to babysit , and there were about 7 remote controls for various things , so I said to my grandson,   Zack how do you tu

On 6/17/2014 at 6:15 AM, LizzieM said:

Thanks for that info Barclaycon. Paulus and others (including me) have already commented on the pathetic commentary coming out of Neville's mouth (on another 'World Cup' thread) but I don't think we've ever used the red button in our house, it's complicated enough trying to turn the TV on !!!

Lizzie don't talk to me about tv remotes , once we went to our grand son's house to babysit , and there were about 7 remote controls for various things , so I said to my grandson,   Zack how do you turn the telly on , he pointed to a chunky looking remote and gave me a look to say , are you thick  !!!!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
On 11/18/2022 at 10:11 PM, Oztalgian said:

I see that the Qataris have back-flipped on their approval to allow the major beer sponsor Budweiser to sell beer for limited hours before and after the games outside the 8 football stadiums. For now you can still get a beer inside the stadium? I wonder what will happen if any of the lager louts cause any trouble with their behavior in public areas

What price a contract? I am sure that Budweiser will be having words with FIFA.

Yet another reason that they should never have been awarded the competition.

You ask what will happen to any larger louts to quote the Queen of Hearts (from Alice in Wonderland)   OFF WITH THERE HEADS.  I see from England  no arm bands worn Qatar 1 the World 0

On 11/19/2022 at 9:15 AM, Rob.L said:

If it’s right that they’re charging £12.50 for a bottle of gnats urine,

Yes, it's not even beer its Budweiser.

My avoidance of all things World Cup/FIFA is going well. Only seen the banners headlines on the news programs, turn off or change the channel when the sports segment comes on.

England cricketers whitewashed by Australia in the 50 over series, I don't think England care as they won the one that mattered, the 20/20 World Cup. They were probably still hungover!

• 2 weeks later...

IVE Loved seeing the African and Asian teams making their mark and their supporters enjoying it....

Theres alot wrong with Qatar but so there is with many countries........i reckon they have done a good job with it all.......

• Like 1

Watched the Japan v Croatia match yesterday. Couldn't help but notice, the Japanese supporters bless em, sang a non-stop song, complete with a drummer all the way through the match, including extra time. Such optimism, a pity it finished on a penalty shootout.