Did'nt realise until today how much of this film was shot around Bulwell,shots of ST.MARYS church and the old rectory opposite,plus the Market and BULWELL BOGS.I watched bits of it on 'u tube'.,and alot of other parts of nottm. Carrington st , Midland station,and Raleigh island...........Still none of the actors got the accent right.

a lad from the heart did a bit double work dave brewared he came from clifton his mum doreen worked with me at boots at the timei know part of this role was rideing motorbike round hifields park and lentonso another location on the film.

Did'nt realise until today how much of this film was shot around Bulwell,shots of ST.MARYS church and the old rectory opposite,plus the Market and BULWELL BOGS.I watched bits of it on 'u tube'.,and alot of other parts of nottm. Carrington st , Midland station,and Raleigh island...........Still none of the actors got the accent right.

Sorry to diversify, but can anyone think of a film or TV play where they got the Nottingham accent right, I recall the star of Sons and Lovers was Dean Stockwell, an American actor, the poor bloke never stood a chance.

My own accent is a right mixture, my mother is from Lancashire who used to insist that we spoke 'posh', not much chance of that, then having lived for a while in Somerset, Hampshire, back in Nottingham, having an ex-wife from Yorkshire then living in Essex for nearly 40 years, I can't work out what I sound like.

I've never seen this film, perhaps the Channels on Freeview should stop showing the same one's over and over again and show something different, perhaps it can be downloaded for free to my phone.

Its not a bad film,i was only interested because its locations,especially BuIwell. I actually went to the quiet corner of Bulwell where some it was filmed, this morning and found it had hardly changed,the steps down to Station rd and rectory house (now Church house) and with it being 42 yrs ago i thought was quiet remarkable......I Think the Nottingham accent is a hard one to do for non locals.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

In the early seventies we we're asked to be extras in ragmans daughter,most of us declined they went on to film down meadow lane,and Midland station ,and a couple of our mates did appear in the film they can be seen on a train with the main character on their way to borstal ,we were skinheads and represented trendy teens of that time,I wish I'd gone we my mates and appeared .