Woolworths Photo Booths

Yesterday, I had one of my Photo Album sessions. You know what I mean! You decide to look for one particular Photo and, three hours later, umpteen cups of tea, and surrounded by Albums, you find it. While I was looking through them ( prompted by yesterday's fashion styles in "The Dungeon Club" thread. I found my one and only Bouffant hair style photo "My goodness, Was I ever that young! It is taken in a Woolworths Photo Booth, some time around1964/5/6. I think it was Hockley, but to many years have dimmed my memory. Did many of you use the Booths and can you remember what year they installed them?

I nearly got it right! I tried to Edit and add some more text but it didn't work! 16 and skint, but a Bouffant to die for. Not a hair out of place, A bottle of Pompador Lacquer to keep it up, Not a Mod or Rocker, just me. Lol

YES, benjamin, I remember you too. slywink

• Upvote 1

Thank you to who has tidied up my post with the photo on. The line of text only appeared when I tried to edit, and then I couldn't get rid of it.

Paulus, She was my fave, but I could copy the hair and make up, but the Voice............not nice i'm afraid!

Come on, i'v taken the plunge, any more Woolies Booth photo's out there?

• Upvote 2

Had lots of pics taken over the years, however the police have refused to release any to me......................................

• Upvote 1

I remember the scales. I was ok then but if I used public scales now it would tell me 'One at a time please'

Loppylugs, Thank you for sharing your Photo of you and your wife with us all. To see the two of you reminded me of when mine was taken. I think you got 4 photo's on a strip. First a solo of my sister, who then jumped out and I jumped in. Then she came in and we had two with the pair of us on, similar to your photo. The ones with us both on were nice but I'm afraid they have got lost over the years.

Any More Any one?

CliffTon #2,

Sorry, I can't remember the style of the Photo Booths in the 1960s, only that when you sat in the booth, you had the option of pulling the curtain across behind you, as I did, for a dark back ground, or left to one side for a lighter one. You would then get your pose and if I remember rightly a little light came on somewhere to warn you the photo was about to be taken, and you kept as still as possible. I remember having to stand outside the Booth afterwards and wait so many minutes for the strip of photo's to drop into the compartment. Taking care when removing them not to touch the image as it could still be wet. I imagine they are similar to the Passport Booths, but do you have the choice these days of 4 different poses as we did.

Thanks guys.

Lizzie # 16. Real easy to share a pic. I use photobucket, but other photo sites might work this way.

1. Upload your picture.

2. Choose it in the sites menu.

3. Right next to it is a little box. I think it is marked Link as IMG.

4. Just select the link and click copy

5. Go back to the text box in Nottstalgia and click paste. Add whatever you want to say about the photo and click post.

There! Now your excuse is gone. Lets be seeing one. :-)

• Upvote 1

Photo booths just remind me of Gregor Fisher (baldy man) in a very funny ad' as he tries to get his 'pose' right.

• Upvote 2