Any Advice Please

In 2004, I tried to put photographs from my Camera, onto my Computer, from an xD-Picture Card, FUGIFILM,128MB. I had no idea how to do it, so my attempts were not successful. I was informed by friends, that I had probably 'Corrupted It'! There are a lot of family Photo's on it and I would love to see them. Have I lost them for good, or can they be saved?

May sound silly, but have you loaded the cameras software onto your computer???

I have no idea why your friends think you've 'probably ' corrupted it. You are as likely to have done nothing at all if you didn't manage a transfer. What did you plug the card into?

I have a card reader that Wil fit it if you want me to check it out for you.

Depends what OS she's using.

Phew,here we go again,xd picture cards , fugi md summats ,corrupted computers..................thought you were going for a drive carnie' :)

• Upvote 2

In 2004, I tried to put photographs from my Camera, onto my Computer, from an xD-Picture Card, FUGIFILM,128MB. I had no idea how to do it, so my attempts were not successful.

Can you tell us what exactly you did? And what you did it with?

Better start with "what operating system" are you using on the computer first, then what operating system does the cameras software say it can be used on??

Lets say, for instance your computer is on MS Win8, and your camera software is only designed to work on up to Win 2000, then it won't work on Win 7 or Win 8.

Thank you everyone

WE are going back to 2004, Sorry, I have no idea what I did. All I know is somehow I managed to get a couple of pictures onto the Computer, and then nothing it just stopped doing anything. I took the little xD picture card to work and the person who sorted all the works Computer problems, could not get any thing off it either! My Husband took it to a Photography Shop in town, and that is where we were told it was probably corrupt.

Ayupmeducks, I am overwhelmed by all of the offers of help, and because i have very limited knowledge of Computers, I don't understand what most of the Questions mean.

I can see you all are very helpful, but I am going to have to get someone here with me who understands.

Please give me time to get help my end and I will be able to take up every ones offers of help. Sorry

Sounds like your worst fears have come true then Carni, if a computer savvy feller and a camera shop came up empty, sound slike a damaged/corrupted card.

Can you view the photos on the camera????

And, as I often say, make sure you always back digital photos up on at least TWO different forms of media, CD/DVD and an external hard drive or TWO CD/DVD's...AND make sure you keep CD/DVD's out of direct sunlight, UV will corrupt them.

I'd also use some photo editing software and save all photos in BMP format, less data lossy like the jpeg format is..Every time you copy a jpeg formatted photo, you lose some data...

Can't add much to the good advice already offered. Just wondering have you tried just plugging the camera into the computer and seeing if you can open the card in a separate window. The computer sees the camera as if it were an extra drive, then maybe you could see each photo as a separate file you could save. I know, I'm clutching at straws here,but as they say, "yuv got nowt ta lose."

Right Then, After this little picture card has been put away since 2006, because "It is Corrupt" in the words of the people, I thought knew what they were taking about. We have just got the images up first on the camera and now on the Computer. Unbelievable! Thank you all for encouraging us to try different methods, In 2006 we would not know to try anything ourselves, so we just put it away, until today. We still don't know what the problem was. Many Thanks Everyone.

I'm really pleased that you got your photos sorted out, carni. These old photos mean so much to us. A while ago, I got all the boxes of old photos from around my home and put them onto my computer. I laughed and cried as I took each photo from the boxes to download and the memory of them would come flooding back. It took a long time but it was well worth it.

• Upvote 1

The Photo's are mainly of my Granddaughter and Family and I am so pleased. There is even 2 short Video's, one in my garden and one of Sports day and my GD running the egg and spoon race, about 2006. The last photo was taken later than I thought. It was in 2007. And that is when the problem occurred. Great to have them back. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2