I watched Macca till the end and was surprised that he was so good. It was nice that he did some very Paul songs and many I hadn’t heard in a while. I was half expecting Ringo to come on at the end after the Boss. Now I shall be tired all day!

@MRS BI too sat up til gone 1 watching McCartney and like you I thought that Ringo would appear!  He was loads better than his performance at the Queen’s Jubilee Party 5 years ago, which was absolutely dreadful.   Last night McCartney had a terrific backing group helping him out but I do think that it’s time for the ageing rockers to slither into retirement and leave us with the good-time memories.  
I’ve never ever considered getting a ticket for Glastonbury or any other big outdoor festival. How all those thousands of people  can spend days hanging about and sleeping under canvas beats me.   Only camped once in my life and never again,  I prefer a bit of comfort and a proper loo.  I think to get close to the stage would entail wearing a nappy all day.  

• Like 3

I stayed up too to watch and thought the last hour or so of Macca was stunning  . Glad I did as can't see any of the footage on BBC iplayer yet. I wish now I'd recorded it ! 

As Lizzie says , the band were note perfect , how they can play a 3 hour concert without producing a "bum" note amazes me . The keyboard player in the background gets little mention but he's spot on with the various effects and especially love the Hammond organ type sound on "Let Me Roll It".

Some criticised McCartney's voice but for an 80 year old to belt out nearly 3 hours of songs was  incredible and we should be grateful he can still do it.

Unfortunately Diana Ross didn't do quite so well !

• Upvote 1

I find it somewhat satisfying that the thousands of young, pretentious eco-warrior types actually seem to know the words to Diana Ross’s old Motown songs that I grew up with.  They’re enjoying themselves anyway. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DAVIDW said:

the last hour or so of Macca was stunning  . Glad I did as can't see any of the footage on BBC iplayer yet. I wish now I'd recorded it ! 

The Macca performance seems to have now appeared on BBCiplayer 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0018sfr/glastonbury-paul-mccartney

8 hours ago, IAN FINN said:

Days of the Dungeon Club can someone take us back?

The Dungean Club was the first club for us young bopper's that stayed open all night.

I worked as an apprentice top of Canning Circus, and Elaine the other junior on the Friday asked me to go to the Dungean Club with her. Now bearing in mind we worked fro 9 00 till 8 00pm had to get ready at work, went down to the Dungean club till approx 6 00 am next morning, getting back to the salon for about 7 30am ish, good wash all over, hair tidy make-up on (again) then being on the shop floor 7 55am to open salon for first customer at 8 00am. Can not remember ever being tired though.  Mind you not sure how we both managed to do our work, looking back I wonder  what the customers thought?

• Like 1

Whereabouts Mary in Canning Circus. I worked there too on top of Derby Rd just round the corner fron CCircus. This was in 69/70. Didnt last long as i got the sack after sticking up for the rights of the juniors and apprentice. There were so many promises made for the younger ones and none were kept so I kept on to the bosses that it wasnt fair to them, they listened came back an hour after.....you're fired. I was so glad. I hated the job there as manageress.

• Upvote 2