Jake the Peg found guilty

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I too feel sad for Rolf, as I do for all the other old well known personalities (except Jimmy Savile who we all agree was very odd anyway). It's been a witch hunt, all these victims jumping on the com

I read so many times, and have thought the same way as lots of people," Why have they taken so long to speak up". I have thought about whether to tell you this story so many times, and to tell you in

Let's hope he drops his soap in the showers, & some hunky guy whispers in his ear................d'yer know what it is yet?

I too feel sad for Rolf, as I do for all the other old well known personalities (except Jimmy Savile who we all agree was very odd anyway). It's been a witch hunt, all these victims jumping on the compensation bandwagon. I think we would all agree that in the 60s and 70s things were very very different and we all got away with stuff that is not acceptable or tolerated these days.

• Upvote 6

I haven't been in court to hear the evidence but from what I have read and heard on the news over the weeks I would have to say I would have some serious doubt's about a couple of the claims.

Like the one where the complainant could not remember which year the assault was supposed to have taken place. She says she was 13 at the time, then when it was proved that he wasn't where she said he was it was changed to another year when she would be 16.

I have to admit that I would have spent time in jail if patting or pinching a young ladies bottom was an offence in the 60s.

• Upvote 2

Met him in Norwich in the 70s,staying at the same Hotel bought me a drink,seemed good bloke,find it all very sad,just a shame its took all these years,feel sorry for his family.Things were very different back then but men touching women inapropabley is always wrong and when it comes to kids........well there are no words.

Why have the "victims" waited so long???? All sounds a bit fishy to me.

• Upvote 1

However, I remember an episode of Animal Hospital that Rolf Harris used to host.

I always wondered why Rolf looked so excited when he was told they'd be looking at a young beaver.

He may have been a great entertainer, but I believe he's going to get what he deserves. This whole thing came to light after the Jimmy Saville fiasco, It's no different than finding a priest has been kiddy fiddling 40 years ago ! (and some still are)

I'm sorry if my views offend but as a child I was abused by a very good "friend" of my dad's so know what it feels like to be touched in a non appropriate way, but as a child be scared shitless to tell anyone !

(My dad never knew as he would have killed the bloke, and my mum only knew in later life when this low life re entered her life and I had to tell her.)

As for Mr Harris, he has been proven guilty and deserves everything he gets, the same with any offender. I don't think he will get custody though, it'll probably be a suspended sentence.

• Upvote 3

He may have been a great entertainer, but I believe he's going to get what he deserves. This whole thing came to light after the Jimmy Saville fiasco, It's no different than finding a priest has been kiddy fiddling 40 years ago ! (and some still are)

I'm sorry if my views offend but as a child I was abused by a very good "friend" of my dad's so know what it feels like to be touched in a non appropriate way, but as a child be scared shitless to tell anyone !

(My dad never knew as he would have killed the bloke, and my mum only knew in later life when this low life re entered her life and I had to tell her.)

As for Mr Harris, he has been proven guilty and deserves everything he gets, the same with any offender. I don't think he will get custody though, it'll probably be a suspended sentence.

inappropriate, sorry i was no where near spelling that was i.Banjo

Met him in Norwich in the 70s,staying at the same Hotel bought me a drink,seemed good bloke,find it all very sad,just a shame its took all these years,feel sorry for his family.Things were very different back then but men touching women inapropabley is always wrong and when it comes to kids........well there are no words.

Out of all the "celebrities" whose actions have come to light I was most shocked and disappointed about Rolf Harris. I agree about "victims" jumping on the bandwagon, but then again what if it was true? I guess we will never really know.

It is dreadful for all involved, and even when the perpetrators are punished, it still doesn't make it go way for the real victims. It is a life sentence for them.

I inadvertently bumped into him in the 1970's, I was living in Witham, Essex, at the time and had driven into town to do the Saturday morning shopping. I parked in my usual spot next to the Institute, got out the car and literally walked into him. Unknown to me he'd been invited to open a photography exhibition and when I expressed my interest in photography he insisted that I accompany him around the show and air my views. I have to say that he was such a great bloke, he behaved as if we had been best pals all our lives and we spent a whole hour wandering around together chatting and giving critical appraisals of the pictures, with hindsight, perhaps he was hoping that my wife would turn up, though at the time she was about 25 and probably too old for him!

I think it's very sad about the previously unknown, dark side of his character, I was quite surprised when the revelations came out, Saville, yes, I always thought he was a wierdo, but Rolf, who would have believed it. I wonder which celebrity is going to be put through the wringer next.

• Upvote 2

It saddens me when I hear of famous people & dubious acts they are supposed to have committed in the dim & distant past.

By all means let them feel the full weight of the law if guilty, but I have some concerns when these matters are raised many years later. Why has it taken so long for these allegations to be aired ?

• Upvote 2

Very sad for his wife and family.

Re sentencing, there are guidelines for judges who only decide after mitigation.

He lost all credit on the sentence by dragging it out to the very end.

Had he pleaded guilty and spared his victims their further ordeal of court, he could have received a suspended sentence.

Going to jail @85?. Well it was something that was waiting to happen for years. Karma?