Global warming...yeah right!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a good article by an ex astronaut who has studied the figures and says bahhh humbug.. http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/craig-bannister/apollo-astronaut-climate-alarmism-biggest-fraud-field-scienc

We need to stop building silly windmills which don't work for much of the time and build Nuclear plants which are much more reliable.

All Bullshit ! Global warming my Arse, sorry for the language but just another excuse to tax the people more.

Since this is the Daily Mail, I suppose the follow up articles will be about this causing a depression, (financial), house prices falling and the money falling out of our pockets. Aren't we due another ice age?

We have climate change four times a year, winter, spring, summer and fall.... This last winter was the coldest on record for us in the mid west, hundreds of record lows were recorded. We also saw record snowfalls where I live. Also our longest winter in many years too.

Just over a week back, there was a large "winter" storm hit the Rockies, with about 2 feet of snow!!! And this is summer??

We have had an extremely wet June this year too, and how many hurricanes so far ??? Not many, and "expert" climatologist forecast super hurricanes....a few years back, so far the Atlantic is pretty quiet.

My long term winter forecast, bloody cold, snowy winter...That is where I live..

Some years back, a very old Red Oak fell over, roots had rotted out, so I took my trusty chansaw and started cutting it up for winter fuel.

I stopped counting the rings at around 250, that tree was over 250 years old!!!! It was a sapling before white man stepped foot on the North American Continent..

I also took notice of the spacings of the rings, there were a lot more close rings, showing lean growing years than wide spaced rings, which show lots of rain and favourable growing conditions.

Trees tell us a lot about local climatic conditions.

Very interested and falls in well what the many have thought and been accused of 'having their head in the sand' because of their opinion. Now we can all come up for air!

I don't believe all the Global Warming Bull either. If there is climate change then it is a natural cycle and nothing we can do about it. I think it's all about one thing - Follow the money!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Climategate, is probably one of the best books I've read in the last few years, with well documented varifiable facts surrounding the so called climate change facts..Many photos and tables, many quotes etc..

Yes, I wonder how many millions Al "Bore" has made out of his fairy tale lectures, and he has no qualifications or experience in climatology... He does fly in a large private jet plane around the world, and has a huge mansion, plus numorous luxury apartments around the US, his "carbon footprint" is probably as big as his mouth and ego, which would be larger than the 4000 members of this site. (carbon footprint, that is.) It's all about the money folks, smoke and mirrors....

We do seem to be having some whacky weather in various parts of the world. Extreme drought in the Western U.S. floods in the Minneapolis area, extremely cold snowy winter in some places. I do not buy the global warming baloney either, at least, not man made. More inclined to suspect a natural cycle or even changes in the sun. Didn't I read not too long ago that he polar ice caps on Mars were receding? Just another excuse to extract money from the peasants. Not sure how they plan to get it out of the Martians though!

Part of the Antarctica, ice shelf is melting, creating huge icebergs, it was originally reported due to "global warming" now it's been found out there's an active volcano under the ice shelf causing the melt..

I read on some websites a few years ago (used library computer, it was yonks before I got one of my own) that Mars & the Moon were getting a bit warmer: Thing is I cant find these websites now, I wonder where they've gone?

The moon has temperatures that would roast you on the side facing the sun, and temps on the darkside that would instantly freeze you..As it has little atmosphere, the temps are fairly stable..

So are some of you saying that these climate scientists are dummies,my thoughts are renewable energy is the way to go and as far as Australia,China and the U.S. is concerned we should get rid of burning fossil fuels especially for folk like me with COPD.

• Upvote 1

Problem with alternate energy Bazza, vast amounts of energy are used to make the alternate forms, AKA solar and wind generators...

The way to go would be cold fusion or one of the other means of raising heat for steam that the oil and coal companies are fighting to keep down...comes back to the same thing, IT'S all about the money.

I like my cheap energy, ie electricity, but the down side to coal as a fuel is not so much CO2, which plants love btw, but nasty things like mercury, cadmium, arsenic and some other rather nasty heavy metals.

Coal is one of the reasons we have a lot of mercury in the oceans right now.

Just a green addition to coal, I don't know whether most realise it, but coal generating plants save huge amounts of energy being used!!!! Yes, the static precipitators in the stacks produce "gypsum"...Gysum for those that don't know is used in plaster, plasterboard and associated products.

Every year, BPB industries buy many many tons of the stuff from power plants, treat it and use it in their products, saving western nations millions in energy costs...British Gypsum, and their other companies and competitors don't have to mine so much per year!! I forget the tonnage figures, but in the US it's well over one million tons, and if memory serves me right, about 10-15% of UK's output is from coal generating power plant stacks.

A massive savings on energy, which would have been used to mine gypsum.

There's a Professor who has written a paper, he says, power grids are a thing of the past, the way to go is regional energy plants, ie small towns set everyone up with "grid tied" power systems, and at night have "mini" power stations to back the syatem up.

That's the basic idea, the paper is pretty involved and he has some great ideas for the future which would leave everyone safe from terrorists attacking a grid and putting millions in the dark.

Ayup,Youre a ton of knowledge bet you were top in youre class at school.Me I was just some dumb kid.But getting back to electricity here in Tasmania we don't have coal fired power stations our energy source comes from our Hydro Electric Scheme also wind farms so the air is quite clean until winter when people traditionally burn wood to heat their homes,me I use reverse cycle air con which connected to a separate meter and charged at a lower rate than ordinary power very efficient and quite cheap.

I read when I have time Bazza, I thought Tassie had one coal fired station??? I'm sure there was on on the south east coast when I first arrived there in 1979, powered by one of only a couple of collieries on that side of the state. I knew they had a lot of hydro, I lived and worked not far from those schemes. I worked for Renison Bell as a lecko, lived at the old silver mining town of Zeehan, just up the road from Queenstown.

I don't believe all the Global Warming Bull either. If there is climate change then it is a natural cycle and nothing we can do about it. I think it's all about one thing - Follow the money!!!!!

My sentiments entirely.

We need to stop building silly windmills which don't work for much of the time and build Nuclear plants which are much more reliable.

• Upvote 3

Forget nuclear, they create a toxic mess at the mine site and a toxic headache with spent fuel waste. Fusion is the way to go, low level short lived radiation problem.

The Japanese nuclear disaster should be a dire warning about Murphy's law!! Once an accident occurs, thousands of acres of land are sterilized for hundreds of years or more, health problems for many generations of humans.

Nuclear is the most expensive of all energy's, heavily subsidized by governments..

Can't we tap into that Volcano to keep warm. Maybe one day we will be able to use the earths natural core heat to provide all the power we need.