Global warming...yeah right!

One day??? California had several geo thermal powers stations up and around Napa, I think the hard water caused many problems though. I know Nevada has a few large geothermal powers stations, not sure if Utah doesn't too.

Geothermal power stations are old news, been around many years.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a good article by an ex astronaut who has studied the figures and says bahhh humbug.. http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/craig-bannister/apollo-astronaut-climate-alarmism-biggest-fraud-field-scienc

We need to stop building silly windmills which don't work for much of the time and build Nuclear plants which are much more reliable.

All Bullshit ! Global warming my Arse, sorry for the language but just another excuse to tax the people more.

From what I gather from many mining sources, we have around 40 years of known uranium resourses left at the present rate of mining..

Biggest I believe are in Australia, and there are many who want the mines closing down due to serious pollution from the mines causing surface water contamination.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone saw the programme about the airship/weather lab. on BBC2, but a very interesting fact was found about we homo sapiens causing more severe hurricanes in the states. We do cause them but in an unexpected way. With the pollution suffered some years ago, clouds were full of pollutants, blocking sun rays to a point where the sea cooled down. Having cleared the air, so to speak, sun rays can get through and heat up the sea and this apparently causes the severe hurricanes. Going back to the way they should be?

The last few years we've seen fewer and fewer huricanes from the Atlantic, all the Caribean Islands rely on hurricanes for their water annually...From what I gather, Jamaica and several of the Island countries are on water rationing.

Hurricanes also bring heavy summer rain for us here in the midwest.

Although, having the Jet Stream so low this time of year has been a welcome relief, temps 15F below average...Love this global cooling..

2004 was the last time we had hurricanes come inland here in Florida,we had 3 in 12 weeks.

What we seem to have lately are tropical storms,with tremendous amounts of rain falling in a few hours.

I watched an interesting report last week,saying the polar ice caps have a massive amount of new ice.!!

The planet has a way of adjusting to abnormalities in weather cycles,I find it hard to buy into the 'man made' warming of the planet.

I think you have to look at who is pushing this agenda,and their reason for doing so.

• Upvote 1

I think I read the north polar ice cap has grown in size 25% or so over the last two years. The north west passage was closed early last winter by the Canadian Coast Guard due to early freezing of the seas.

The south polar ice cap has grown too as you mentioned, both could influence the ocean currents big time causing severe winters.. Our last winter gave us hundreds of new record lows.. Didn't you get more than average frost warnings last winter Mudgie??

Sweatshirts you say mudgie??? We had the most snow we've seen here, normally we just get around 6 inches spread throughout winter, last winter we had 14 inches in one fall!! Was over the tops of me wellies.. Over the whole winter we had around two and a half feet here, and some pretty bitter nights, we thought we were in Alaska instead of this far south..

I suppose the smog in the U.K., and the pollution in places like LA and Denver isn't man made either? Funny how they go away when we clean up the atmosphere.

But then again 97+% of the worlds scientists are probably lying to support some unknown agenda. That is as bad as the wackos that claim man never went to the moon. If we didn't, then the government is much more efficient than anybody seems to think - they effectively persuaded hundreds of thousands of scientists, armed forces personnel and daily laborers to lie!

I suggest you read Lord Monktons writings Eric, it's not 97% of scientists either, I don't know where those figures came from, but way way less than that.

The last "climatate meeting" in Poland was unanimous in support of man made golbal warming is a myth, even the UN now is saying as mych as is NASA and many other organisations.

Even Green peace ex boss is now saying it was a politcal sham...based on false evidence.

Real facts are, there's average temerature hasn't risen in over ten years and in fact is dropping, pointing to natural forces not man made.

We know the causes of smog, yes they are man made, we have known that for centuries, but smogs are a localized phenomina, not universal. Like the Nottingham smogs of past, due to parts of Nottingham in the Trent and Leen valley's, etc.. Many parts of the world, even though they have heavy auto traffic never see smogs or even know what they are.

I'm aware of locally changed "micro" environments, probably the whole of the UK has had weather it never had pre human settlements, due to the total deforesting of the UK. Probably the same here in the US, where thousands of acres of trees have been cut down over the last two hundred years.

But I'd hazard a guess, the Native Americans of the Great Plains have seen bad tornado years during the couple of thousand years they roamed the Plains.

And we know the Gulf Coast has had many huge Hurricanes over the centuries

Limey (#37), the first thing I thought of when reading your comment: 'they effectively persuaded hundreds of thousands of scientists, armed forces personnel and daily laborers to lie!', was that, in todays world, nobody keeps a secret. Not when they can get mega bucks from selling their story to the Press.

The worst at the propaganda is Al "Bore", screams the planet is coming to an end because of manmade global warming and we must stop driving our big engined cars use less electricity and tax all energy out of existance..

Big irony is he uses more energy in one hour than we little people do in a lifetime, he owns a huge mansion, I did see his electricity bill posted once and nearly fainted. He owns and is driven around in big gas guzzling SUV's and limos, he rents an apartment in SF, my God an apartment??? It's more like Buckingham Palace, then flies all around the world in a private jet plane...

Whats wrong with commercial airlines???

I should also mention, he's become a millionaire out of \man made global warming!!! I know he was one to start with from his evironmentally polluting mining empire...What a hypocrite the man is, I use the term man loosely in his case.

And as Michael says, if you're a government employed scientist and deny "global warming" your career is over.

• Upvote 1

Interesting to read the posts made by the members on this thread.

I bought into the idea of humans being responsible for 'global warming',but then I looked into the facts as written by some experts.Not so sure we are at fault,the climatic history shows that natural disasters have dramatically changed the worlds weather.

The earthquake that hit Japan,tilted the Earths axis,only slightly but it happened.In my humble opinion,I think we will have another 'Ice age' before a 'green house effect' takes place.

• 1 year later...

Australia’s hottest day?.....1828 at a blistering 53.9 °C

Back before man-made climate change was frying Australia, when CO2 was around 300ppm, the continent savoured an ideal pre-industrial climate…….. RIGHT?

This is the kind of climate we are spending $10bn per annum to get back too….. Right again?

We are told today’s climate has more records and more extremes than times gone by, but the few records we have from the early 1800’s are eye-popping.

Things were not just hotter, but so wildly hot it burst thermometers.

The earliest temperature records we have show that Australia was a land of shocking heatwaves and droughts, except for when it was bitterly cold or raging in flood.

In other words, nothing has changed, except possibly things might not be quite so hot now!

Lance Pidgeon has been researching records from early explorers and from newspapers. What he’s uncovered is fascinating! It’s as if history is being erased!

For all that we hear about recent record-breaking climate extremes, past records that are equally extreme, and sometimes even more so, are being ignored.

In January 1896, a savage blast “like a furnace” stretched across Australia from east to west and lasted for weeks.

The death toll reached 437 people in the eastern states.

Newspaper reports showed that in Bourke, NSW, the heat approached 120°F (48.9°C) on three days; The maximum at or above 102 degrees F (38.9°C) for 24 days straight! ……

1. By Tuesday Jan 14, people were reported falling dead in the streets.

2. Unable to sleep, people in Brewarrina walked the streets at night for hours, thermometers recorded109F at midnight.

3. Overnight, the temperature did not fall below 103°F.

4. On Jan 18 in Wilcannia, five deaths were recorded in one day, the hospitals were overcrowded and reports said that “more deaths are hourly expected”.

5. By January 24, in Bourke, many businesses had shut down (almost everything bar the hotels).

6. Panic stricken Australians were fleeing to the hills in climate refugee trains.

As reported at the time, the government felt the situation was so serious that to save lives and ease the suffering of its citizens they added cheaper train services.

What is most interesting about this was the skill, dedication and length of meteorological data taken in the 1800′s.

When our current climate is “the most important moral challenge” why is it there is so little interest in our longest and oldest data?

One of the most meticulous and detailed temperature records in the world from the 1800′s comes from Adelaide, largely thanks to Sir Charles Todd.

The West Terrace site in Adelaide was one of the best in the world at the time, and provided accurate historic temperatures from “Australia’s first permanent weather bureau at Adelaide in 1856″.

Rainfall records even appear to go as far back as 1839. Lance Pidgeon went delving into the National Archives and was surprised at what he found.

The media are in overdrive, making out that “the extreme heat is the new normal” in Australia....BUT...The 'Great Australian Heatwave' of January 2013 didn’t push the mercury above 50C at any weather station in Australia.

Yet, it’s been 50C (122F) and hotter in many inland towns across Australia over the past century, especially in the late 1800′s and early to mid 1900′s.

So, there you have it.........a little bit of history trivia in answer to the current furore about 'climate warming' in Australia.............

We didn't record one single 100F day last summer, which is extremely unusual for this location, being so far south. Year before we had a couple of 100F days. This winter has just been an average temp winter, although yesterday we did dip to 5.6F, which was about 18F below average.

Earths climate is controlled by the sun, which has had it's quietest solar cycle in hundreds of years, there are many reputable climatologists believe we are actually entering a cooling stage, and predictions are each sunspot cycle for the next few hundred years will be quiet, leading to a mini ice age.

BUT in saying that, the so called climatologists cannot predict accurate weather forecasts for tomorrows weather, so how can they forecast weather in 20 years time???

A respected scientist, botanist, carried out some experiments in a lab a few years back to debunk climatologists over their CO2 claims, his experiments concluded what most of us know, plants thrive on a CO2 atmosphere, his plants behaved like drunken weeds the higher the bell jar atmosphere CO2 levels went. The plants soon "devoured" CO2 levels back to high oxygen levels. In fact he wrote a peer reviewed paper. Just wished I'd bookmarked everything.

• Upvote 1

In the Ordovician/Silurian epoch CO2 was at around 4,000ppm compared to our 350ppm today. By climate alarmist theories that should have meant run-away global warming and the frying of all species. Instead the era was dominated by massive glaciation!

• Upvote 1

I'm not a conspracy theorist or anything like that, but there are quite a lot of reputable sites on the web that are suggesting that governments around the world are heavily invested in so called geo engineering. (Attempting to control the weather by artificial means, for those unfamiliar with the term.)

A little research on those sites often raises more questions but they certainly suggest some answers for some of the really freaky weather some of us are experiencing. You certainly won't hear any of this stuff on the nightly news or many of the so called science programs.

He who can control the weather, can control countries, ie drought causes starvation.

US, China, Russia and a couple of other countries have HAARP programs, whereby they operate multiple antenna farms pointing up into the upper atmosphere beaming several megawatts of RF power.

It's played down by governments what these are for, but even to a 5 year old, it's pretty obvious from the evidence these are for "weather modification"

But!! Do they work?? Probably, looking at what they create, my guess is they do alter weather. The RF energy causes a "heat bubble" several miles up, by causing this, the Jet Stream course is altered, so altering weather patterns.

There have also been effects governments don't want the public to know about, so are attributed to natural phenomena. The HAARP projects are based on Nikola Tesla's work more than a century back, and I might add, an earthquake was attributed to Tesla's experiments at exactly the opposite end from where Tesla conducted one of his experiments, the quake was in China and was documented at exactly the same time Tesla's experiment was carried out. Don't scoff!! There is ample proof and backing from many prominent scientists. What happened nobody has yet come up with an explanation, even Tesla couldn't answer why it happened.

You'll have to research Tesla's experiments yourself, he was brilliant, way ahead of his time, incidentally, HAARP is a carry on from Tesla's experiment which he carried out in Colorado.

Without Tesla, we'd still be at least 100 years behind in technology, he was the feller who invented polyphase AC power, the 3 phase motor and three phase transformer, modern six phase alternators etc, our world revolves around Tesla's experiments.

He even worked out how to generate FREE electricity using the worlds own magnetic field...Westinghouse put paid to that one and the paperwork vanished !! He also invented a motor generator set that once started put out more energy than it consumed, again, this would have destroyed the infant energy companies...Try perpetual motion! Yes it is possible, we have been programmed to think this is rubbish to protect the powerful energy companies profits.

There is a video made by an Indian phd, who holds two Doctorates, one in elec eng, and the other in Nuclear eng. He built and tested a motor generator set that produces much more power than it consumes. Like all people with letters behind their names, he said impossible until he tested the device.

He has no explanation as to how it breaks our "laws of physics", well maybe those laws require re writing?? But it does work, and of course, the knowledge is being suppressed as it could upset the profits of thousands of power generating companies around the world, and give us FREE electricity, pollution free too!!

He who can control the weather, can control countries, ie drought causes starvation.

Or take all the water out of the rivers so the people have very little water to grow their crops like the Israelis are doing.

• Upvote 1

Right on, John. There is no doubt Tesla was way ahead of his time. There have been a lot of hints about stuff he invented that could have produced a utopia but were stifled by big money interests when he died.

Doubtful that we shall ever know even the half of it. Sad really. Wars are fought over raw materials instead of working towards that which could have benefited all of us.