and its a big welcome from me john.

I'm a Newbie - I joined on Sunday 22nd November 2014........Just stumbled onto the site as there was nothing on the telly again - I was born in Hucknall in September 1945, grew up there (great place to live, back then).................My name is Lynn.............Is there anyone from Hucknall on here from that era ?

• Upvote 1

Well thanks DaveN - luv you too...........

Hi Blondie, welcome to Nottstalgia.

My late Dad's family were from Hucknall, and were there from at least 1929 (year of my dad's birth) through to 1963, and his cousins are still there (Geo Hanson and Sons) My grandad was Tom Hanson.

I was born there in 1957 and went to school there, even after we had moved to Watnall.

Yes, I can remember them, the Funeral Directors on Watnall Road.........They have been there for years now.......

Yes. My grandads building company was opposite on Hanson Crescent. We used to live at no 9.

I am a fairly new newbie, joined 22nd November 2014......even though I have commented on quite a few posts, I am now saying hello to everyone.....so glad I found this site.................. :hand:

• Upvote 3

And a warm welcome to you, Blondie. I have enjoyed sharing your memories to date and look forward to many more.... thumbsup

Hello Blondie, Welcome to Nottstalgia. I enjoy reading your posts. Keep em coming. thumbsup

Blondie, There is a Meetup on Wed 10th at The Roebuck, St James Street, if you want to meet a few Nottstalgians. You would be made very Welcome.

Thanks Carni - It is a Christmas Party night for me, so it will have to be next time........thanks for thinking of me.........

Thanks all for the warm welcome.....I think I'm going to like it here.........It's a great laugh......

• Upvote 3

Welcome to Nottstalgia, Blondie. I've been away for a while and haven't yet had time to catch up on the posts that I've missed. However, I have read some of your posts from the last couple of days and found you to be a really nice, funny and down to earth lady. Come to think of it, I could say the same about all the ladies on Nottstalgia. :Friends:

• Upvote 4

Oh Michael, the old woffle is still there. LOL

• Upvote 2

hi all just a quick hello to say i am back at last some how managed to lock myself out of the site and could not get back in

• Upvote 2

Good to see you back, babs...Trust piggy is fine as well... hellothere

We missed you Babs,

Good to have you back

yes thank you trevor both a bit shattered after our resent move been in 2 weeks now we have moved into a bungalow no steps or stairs to cope with now/

Hello Babs, Really nice to see you posting. I hope your recent move to a Bungalow suits you both. Merry Christmas to you both and we look forward to seeing you in the New Year sometime.

thanks every one yes new bungalow much better but have to close for tonight my eyes playing up