It's a big step up from 'colouring in', LizzieM... :tease: To be honest, I wouldn't have a clue. When I have a problem I phone my youngest son and he talks me through it on the phone. If it's too complicated he takes control of my computer from wherever he is.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks Fynger .....got the toolbar back ! Thanks Michael, I had tried pressing the "change theme" button but nothing was happening

That's O.K. - click away - it gives me something to do!

Thanks Eric, success! I promise never again to click on anything I don't understand

if I wanted to bring someones reply onto here to answer it how do I do it please. you know when their reply highlights white?

You don't need to copy it, Karlton. If I was replying to a post I'd just put the hashtag number and my message, something like this: 'Karlton, having read your post (#27), I agree that.......etc.'

If you did want to copy some literature from the Internet and put it on here then do the following:

Hold left side of mouse and move across the words to highlight them blue.

Right click on mouse, over blue highlighted words, to bring a box up.

Left click on 'Copy'

Go to where you want to put your message and left click on mouse to show your cursor (flashing start line).

Right click on mouse, near the cursor, to bring up the box and click on 'Paste'.

Your message should then appear.

I hope this is what you mean and that it's been helpful to you.

Very good Michael, but how do I do it on my IPad ?

if I wanted to bring someones reply onto here to answer it how do I do it please. you know when their reply highlights white?

Click on the "Quote" button in the bottom right corner of the item you want to bring back.

Very good Michael, but how do I do it on my IPad ?

On the iPad I believe you have to press down on the word where you want to start highlighting, drag where you want it to finish then you should have the option to 'copy'. To paste the text here. Press down on the blank screen where you wish to write until the 'paste' option appears.

Hope this helps!

I'll give it a go when the opportunity arises. Thanks Melissa.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Cliff ton you're a genious i'll try it when the time arises.

can you tell me what the multi quote means?

• 1 month later...

How do you get the toolbar as shown in #6 . When replying to posts I like to insert smileys but unable to do so at present.

Referring to the above I still carn't get a toolbar and now I have lost smileys even when I click on " more reply options"

Hi Cliff Ton I don't have a blue reply box only a blue square with a question mark in it and the only time a black arrow appears is when some body has copied a previous quote as above #38

• 3 months later...

Hi Admin....I have a problem at the moment trying to copy and paste items such as newspaper/magazine articles , pictures etc on this site.

When I press the symbol square with an upwards arrow I get a menue to choose from and I can copy into Facebook, messaging, E-Mail etc but when I try the copy option and then try and copy into a thread nothing happens.

The only thing I can copy and paste is anything from YouTube which ihas different copying options. I could copy articles before but not now.

To put a LINK to an article in a post, copy the address of the item you wish to link, then when you are creating your post you will see an "edit" bar above the typing area that has a number of symbols - click on the chain link symbol and past the link address.

To insert a picture or image, use the same technique but use the picture symbol. If you hover over the symbols, their use will appear in a text box.

Hi Eric still no joy. I don't have a toolbar so probably this may be hindering my progress? I have brought that subject up before re toolbar but it has never been resolved.

I am also on a site called Soul Source which is basically the same set up as Nottstalgia and I have a toolbar on there which is the same as the one on here when I have seen it copied in other posts with similar problems.

Does the fact that I am using an IPad have any bearing on this ?

The iPad "may" be the issue, but I'm not certain. Maybe Mick has an idea. Do you have a toolbar that shows font choices etc.? If not, look at the upper right side of the edit box - there should be a left-pointing arrow - click on it!

I tried to copy your reply page but no luck to show you exactly what I am looking at.

I don't have a toolbar of any description nor an edit box as I look at the screen.

What I have is: where the toolbar should be is a pale green band which contains :

a) the name of the person that is replying

b) # and the number

c) Blue square with a question mark in it .

Below it is like box and below that multiquote and quote.

Hope that helps.

The "edit box" is where you type your reply. It is typically at the bottom of the screen after the last post. I suspect you may be using a mobile "App" version of the viewer which could be the problem.

Let me know how you enter your replies.

Hi Eric,

I go to Reply to this topic.....type in the reply and post. If I want to add smileys I go into more reply options box and then I can only use smileys that are on my keyboard.

The edit box only appears AFTER I have sent the post and then gives me a few minutes to edit if I require.

O.K. - So in the "Reply to this topic" area, start typing then look in the top right corner of the box you are typing in - there should be an arrow - click on it!

Trying that and no arrow appears. Have tried doing it by replying directly in space below previous post and also by replying by clicking on " Reply to this topic" in black box top r/h corner of page but no joy.

Thanks so much for your help Eric but I must have something missing somewhere in my set up.