• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I got the wheel chair and went round to the owd fellas house to take him out in the fresh air,got him wrapped up nice and warm and covered him with a blanket to make sure he didn't get a chill,he

The picture has special significance for my family because of what happened back in the early fifties. My father was a regular when war broke out and was a Dunkirk veteran then went on to serve in N

Time to resurrect another old thread, The old fella with the broken leg who I'm looking after at the moment is stuck in the house and can only hobble about with this zimmer frame the hospital loa

I called these people up,they are in Stapleford village Lincolnshire about two miles towards Newark from our village,I pick up the wheelchair in the morning, weather forecast not too bad,wrap him up warm, at least he'll get some fresh air instead of being stuck in the house, might take him for a cuppa in the Hammond hall Bassingham,Friday coffee morning,you never know might get him fixed up with a bird,:rotfl:

Rog

• Like 2
1 hour ago, plantfit said:

I called these people up,they are in Stapleford village Lincolnshire about two miles towards Newark from our village,I pick up the wheelchair in the morning, weather forecast not too bad,wrap him up warm, at least he'll get some fresh air instead of being stuck in the house, might take him for a cuppa in the Hammond hall Bassingham,Friday coffee morning,you never know might get him fixed up with a bird,:rotfl:

Rog

Excellent news Rog ! Don't go teaching the old fella bad habits now !

• Like 1

Rog... I've sprained my ankle and moving about is a tad difficult so I'd like to put my order in early for steak and chips, oinion rings/mushrooms optional. If you can find me a 'bird' that would be nice too. i may be small but I'm beautifully marked, completely house trained and promise not to pee on your seats.

• Like 3

Damm, missed out again, don't get back for another week!! Don't even need to sprain my ankle, its full of screw's and plates to start with, or is that cheating?

• Like 2

Well I got the wheel chair and went round to the owd fellas house to take him out in the fresh air,got him wrapped up nice and warm and covered him with a blanket to make sure he didn't get a chill,he's not been out since breaking his leg about three/four weeks ago,got him settled in the wheel chair and took off down the cycle/footpath to Bassingham,I found out that they don't have a coffee morning on Fridays so carried on to the shop and got him a can of ginger beer,didn't want to get real beer or that could have caused real problems pushing him back home if he was plastered, anyway we sat and drank the ginger beer and set off again for home,it's about a three/four mile round trip so plenty of fresh air for him,I took a couple of pictures of him,and as you can see from them he looks really happy to be out with me :rolleyes:

right time to get him a bit of dinner cooked,here's the pictures of out trip,I'm keeping the wheel chair until Monday so we can have more wheelchair adventures

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0002.jpg

Dunt he look happy bless him?

Rog

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Took him out again for an hour round the local lanes and back to our village, Walked to the end of the close with the wheelchair past a womans house who promptly phoned him when I got to his house,she wanted him to pick up a news paper for he when we got to the next village,cheeky cow,why couldn't she go?,anyway she's still waiting for the paper as we never went past any shop, and on leaving our village we saw that old bat who lives next to me,the one with the stinking smoking chimney,she said to him "it's good to see you out in the fresh air Roy,glad you doing alright,another cheeky cow,it was only two weeks ago she was taking the p**s out of him with another neighbour saying it serves him right, non of these neighbours have visited him or aked if he wanted anything from the shops yet they both go to the supermarket every week,These Lincolnshire folk are the most self centered two faced people on the planet and to be honest I wouldn't p**s on any of them if they were on fire, anyroad enough of me moaning,he enjoyed the little outing we had and when we got back to his place I made him a nice cup of coffee and sat with him for an hour listening to him going on about Morse code and radio frequencies,(he's a radio ham) very interesting,he even lent me a book called Amateur Radio operating manual,taking him out again in the morning after he's eaten his breakfast,out in the countryside again (and now where near any paper shops )

Rog

• Like 4
1 hour ago, plantfit said:

These Lincolnshire folk are the most self centered two faced people on the planet and to be honest I wouldn't p**s on any of them if they were on fire,

You want to try the folk's in Norfolk, 30 years there and still couldn't work them out. Mind you, when they think that incest is a game for all the family, what do you expect !!

• Like 2

Whilst on the subject of the RAOB Waddo, is there still a lodge at the Bulls Head in East Leake? my mother lodge that I joined in 1977

Rog

I don't want to complain or anything but I'm getting awfully hungry waiting for me steak n chips....                      Rog... .................you there Rog.............................................Rog?.................................................... anyone?

• Like 2