• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I got the wheel chair and went round to the owd fellas house to take him out in the fresh air,got him wrapped up nice and warm and covered him with a blanket to make sure he didn't get a chill,he

The picture has special significance for my family because of what happened back in the early fifties. My father was a regular when war broke out and was a Dunkirk veteran then went on to serve in N

Time to resurrect another old thread, The old fella with the broken leg who I'm looking after at the moment is stuck in the house and can only hobble about with this zimmer frame the hospital loa

Grr mutter mutter.... bloody country bumkins... sticking to gather as usual........ mutter mutter ... grumble grumble....

• Like 1
22 hours ago, plantfit said:

Walked to the end of the close with the wheelchair past a womans house who promptly phoned him when I got to his house,she wanted him to pick up a news paper for he when we got to the next village,cheeky cow,why couldn't she go?,anyway she's still waiting for the paper as we never went past any shop, and on leaving our village we saw that old bat who lives next to me,the one with the stinking smoking chimney,she said to him "it's good to see you out in the fresh air Roy,glad you doing alright,another cheeky cow,it was only two weeks ago she was taking the p**s out of him with another neighbour saying it serves him right, non of these neighbours have visited him or aked if he wanted anything from the shops yet they both go to the supermarket every week,These Lincolnshire folk are the most self centered two faced people on the planet and to be honest I wouldn't p**s on any of them if they were on fire

I had to laugh. The people on your close would make good material for a soap opera, Rog! Can't say I'm keen on Lincolnshire folk either though.

Your chum looks a bit like Compo from Last of the Summer Wine, not our Compo! Good head of hair too!

He's 80 years old and he does look like Comp (last of the summer wine one), funny enough he does come from Yorkshire as well, all thee and thou, he's not a bad old stick though and would do owt for anyone, I'm taking to the coffee morning tomorrow at the Hammond hall Bassingham (next village) in the wheelchair,that should be fun if his expression in the second picture is owt to go by,

Going round to his house now to take his tea,the rest of you will have to wait :rotfl:

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

No alcohol I'm afraid, don't want to get pulled for being drunk in charge of a wheel chair,the old bats around here would have a field day if the old bill turned up with the old fella in handcuffs, that would give them enough gossip for at least six months

Rog

It's a plot I tell you, a damn conspiracy that's what it is... been practicing my limp all week and for what I ask...... and now I find theres booze on the go  as well..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

yu 'avin a pop nah ent yer.....may the ump on yer back fall off n brek yer ankle!!    :angry:

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/24/2018 at 8:06 PM, plantfit said:

Whilst on the subject of the RAOB Waddo, is there still a lodge at the Bulls Head in East Leake? my mother lodge that I joined in 1977

Rog

Yes the Sir Robert Lodge is still active at the Bull in East Leake

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I have the same ‘medal’ as your grandad. It says Duke of Portland Lodge 1222 and has his name in the back, Bro George C Leddington. The ribbon is green and cream with the buffalo horns at the top. He lived in Nottingham but I don’t have any more info. Did you find out anything else?