Steepest gradient in Nottm.?

On 4/20/2017 at 0:17 PM, catfan said:

Freda Avenue gets my vote too. I had to deliver a load of bricks to a house there one day, I still wake up in the middle of a night with nightmares of that hill !

I'll go with Freda avenue, had a mate lived in a flat there, it was a nightmare in winter.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great photo - even if it has a watermark - of another bus going up Breck Hill Road. Judging by the fashions of the couple on the pavement, I'd guess around the early 70s. The white church

#62 Several of those roads running from Westdale Lane to Porchester Road could win the 'steepest gradient' prize.  I had to perform my driving test Hill Start on Kent Road in 1969 

At the risk of boring everyone to tears, the 25 and 25A were once a circular route. It started from Huntingdon Street, with the 25 going by Carlton Road, Burton Road, Gedling Road and Westdale Lane. T

I would agree that Freda is probably the steepest, though it’s not very long. There are some tough climbs on a bike out in the county. Bank Hill out of Woodborough is a long old slog, as is Oxton Bank - the hill from Oxton going towards Southwell. The hill out of Lambley, past the Woodlark, going over to Woodborough and Bonner Hill in Calverton, going over to Woodborough are also tough, as is George’s Hill.