29 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

Not if they’ve spent thousands on tattoos. 

I spent 18/6d on a tattoo in 1960. Does that count Lizzie?    B.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Phoenix yesterday was 46c. We are keeping cool be being in California for a month!

@ Brew and Margie. There's an element of 2 steps forward and one back. E.g., yesterday was not great as the swelling got in the way of exercising and also pushed the pain up. But, in general

So bleddy hot..ive been naked for two days now...........just getting the washing in...........

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Glad you're enjoying Ben. I understand the sun might come out later. yada

Take care mate !      B.

10 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

So bleddy hot..ive been naked for two days now...........just getting the washing in...........

Giving the neighbours a treat then?! 

• Like 1

Here in Dorset a few rumbles of thunder about an hour ago, sky looked very threatening and then a quick shower, not enough to make a difference in the garden though.  Black sky turned to grey, still hot.  

2 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

So bleddy hot..ive been naked for two days now.

how many shouted to you that it needed ironing Ben?

• Like 1

I see from my weather app that you’re still roasting up in Notts, even at 10.40pm.   We went out for a sunset walk along the shore here earlier and I had to put a fleece on!  Seriously!   

Bet the washing was dry in 30 mins benjamin. Have had a day with water, fans and telly keeping cool. My poor cats have been so hot bless ‘em, have been putting extra water outside for them and trying to keep em cool with wet tea towels but they don’t like it. Just cos it’s different I guess. Both ok tho and supposed to be cooler from now on.

My cats haven't found it much fun, either.  They don't like water in any form outside their water bowl but a few ice cubes in that and chilled food have been appreciated, I think.  It can't clear off too soon for me. Hot weather and I don't mix!

Lucky you lot in UK that it’s getting cooler, we’ve got to put up with it for another 2 weeks and it’s getting hotter.

Much cooler this morning.......in fact just right,,,,,,enjoying my Coffee on the Garden.........not naked anymore...

Got me socks on......:)

• Like 1

I'm with you there CT., we've been making do with a tin of soup between us at lunch and a few cereals for tea. Dinner yesterday consisted of four cream crackers sprinkled with a bit of cheese.

Being a Diabetic I've noticed a big difference to my glucose levels.

• Like 1

Yes that’s happens CT. Even our dogs don’t want to eat .I can stuff myself with fruit and drink plenty but when it comes to meals and it’s cooked I eat 1/4 and throw the rest away. My husband has a urinary tract infection and is on antibiotics so nothing tastes as it should. Still it can’t last forever ( hopefully) just think if you have to lose weight your already off to a good start.

I forgot to add. We usually have a good supply of bottled water because we don’t drink tap water. ( once it was unfit to drink but now it’s ok but no one here drinks tap water.) This morning in 2 supermarkets there isn’t one bottle of water and doesn’t arrive til Friday. We’ve ordered 30 cases for when it arrives. I have put 14 x 1/2 liters of water into a cool box because our fridge is full. Stock up with water in case the same thing happens in UK

I am a confirmed sun lover, but Monday and Tuesday I spent a total of about 90 minutes outdoors. Just watering the tomatoes etc when necessary, or taking a a slow walk around the block on crutches to get a bit of circulation going on. The heat was knocking me sick, which I've never experienced before.

We didn't get quite as hot as Nottm and it's much cooler today.

• Like 1

Yesterday I burned my hand on my neighbours alloy table. Went to put a drink down and burned the side of my hand. I'm positive that we could have fried an egg on the table top.

The big question Col is - is it getting easier/better, and how long before you can do a Kate Bush?

@ Brew and Margie.

There's an element of 2 steps forward and one back. E.g., yesterday was not great as the swelling got in the way of exercising and also pushed the pain up.

But, in general, I'm managing OK with just paracetamol and the pain when resting is minimal.

When I first tried, I just could not use my thigh muscles (quads) to do anything. Nothing would move. But now I'm able to do straight leg lifts and other moves. Getting the bend in the knee isn't so straightforward, but physios etc just say keep the progress you have and keep pushing on but don't force it. So that's the plan.

It does sometimes feel never ending, but it's only been 22 days.

I'll get there.

• Like 4