And I'm back... not been very active on the site as of late as I've been very busy! Passing my driving test, landing a job, planning my best friends wedding AND graduating university. As suggested by Cliff Ton, (and for all of you that I'm not 'friends' with on Facebook) I thought I would share a few of my graduation photos! Oh and if anyone is knowledgeable on cars and insurance for us young 'uns, any help would be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone else is doing well!!

9cbef779604db86ebcd6c414fe03c50d.jpg

8804b41655cc75d091003d19565f580e.jpg

92b57c124f66617d4c79a138af376692.jpg

0a332ed81469c0f71fa036eb9099690e.jpg

FREE CHAMPAGNE!!

95a3fddf50a6a54d6a463192897ab1e9.jpg

• Upvote 9

lovely Melissa,you deserve the best life possible,and i reckon most things are going to be possible to a girl like you.

• Upvote 1

Well done to you.

It is such an important achievement.

What subject(s) is your degree?

What is your job?

• Upvote 1

Brilliant !

• Upvote 1

Congratulations Melissa and all the very best for the future.

For car insurance, go to a compare site (Confused.com) & look for the best deal.

Even a small car is going to cost you plenty.

DO NOT GO TO ADMIRAL !

Again well done !

• Upvote 1

I've already congratulated you Melissa but well done again! Such a special day for you and your proud parents.

We used NFU insurance when our boys passed their test, but it was nearly 20 years ago. We told others at the time and they all found that NFU were the cheapest, and you don't have to live on a farm to use them! Why don't you speak to Swinton Insurance and let them get various quotes for you? We're using them at the moment for car and house insurance (and get a cash-back cheque of varying amounts after 90 days)

• Upvote 1

Oh and if anyone is knowledgeable on cars and insurance for us young 'uns, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don't buy a car and then look for insurance.

Look at insurance prices, then buy a car.

• Upvote 2

Thank you everyone!!

#9 - My degree is in Philosophy and English. The job I'll be doing is quote secretarial. But it'll be useful to save up for the teacher training course I'd like to take in a few years time!

#11 - seems KAs are the cheapest to insure with my Dad as the named driver and me added on but I've heard they're not very good cars!!

#12 - thanks again Lizzie!! I'll have a look into both of your suggestions and let you know how I get on :)

Philosophy and English are good subjects to have done and very good for any aspirant teacher!

Ford KAs are a good choice my daughter had one and my partner has one very reliable little motors.

• Upvote 1

We thought about a KA for Jo, but her step sister had had one and advised not as they rot around the fuel cap and other places, and a fireman friend also said that they just crumple at the merest bump.

Jo's last car was a cheverolet, but quite a small one, can't remember the model, but was quite a good little car. She called it Keith because it was reliable!! She parted with it reluctantly because she was off to Ibiza for the summer.

Catfan, Admiral came out the best from Go Compare, my daughter had no probs with them.

• Upvote 1

darkazana, Admiral are good with quotes but charge a hell of a lot to make small changes to policies etc.

Contrary to what some are saying, the Ford KA is a very good car, I've owned one for the last nine years. Apart from one rear coil spring breaking, (Speed Bump) ! the car has been totally reliable, in fact I have to say it has been the most reliable car that I have ever owned.

Already decided my next car will be a KA !

ce80b0ee_zpsb1ae30c0.jpg

• Upvote 1

Melissa #15.When a parent buys a car for a son or daughter & insures for themselves naming their child as a named driver when in effect the car is the son or daughters car, is called "Fronting".

Insurance companies & the Police take a very dim view of this. In the event of a claim the Ins Co will not pay out.

I went to Birmingham for my daughters graduation and Portsmouth and Manchester for my youngest son's graduations. On these occasions I was bursting with love and pride and I can see that in your parents faces, Melissa. You look so happy on your photo and I wish you all the best for the future.

• Upvote 1