Games over, well done England, Wupped the Aussies.

Did manage to catch a bit of Kylie and Lulu. Beautiful !

You mean the plastic and Botox filled Lulu, Scotland's naffest, most boring come back band, Deacon Blue, some unknown Aussie singer who mimed all all the way through her 'act' and just to rub it in another Aussie, yeah alright, it was Kylie, worth watching even though she can't sing in tune, but at least she tried enthusiastically and seemed to enjoy herself.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that's just the Women.

Becky and her sister Ellie are my great nieces, the grandaughters of my brother Alan, now sadly passed away but no doubt proud wherever he is!

Come off it Firbeck, despite the re work, Lulu's gorgeous. She is 65 for heavens sake. She's a nice person too. You are a misery guts at times. You've lived down South too long, LOL

Come off it Firbeck, despite the re work, Lulu's gorgeous. She is 65 for heavens sake. She's a nice person too.

You are a misery guts at times. You've lived down South too long, LOL

• Upvote 3

Wouldn't mind an Oz-Jock sandwich with them............ Oh cripes, I'll have to go in and cool down. I've been in the sun too long.

I enjoyed every minute of the games, not only are those athletes our young people they are they are some of the very best of our young people, if I get to old and crabby to celebrate their achievements they can put me under the Sod.

• Upvote 2
  • 3 years later...

The thing I particularly like about these games is the inclusion of the para athletes as part of the mainstream games. I find it humbling to see these athletes striving to do their best despite their disabilities.

Well done to the games organisers and to the athletes.

• Like 1

I think this is the first major International  competition I’ve had very little interest in.  I love most sports but particularly athletics. As a family we’ve been to two Commonwealth Games.  Edinburgh in 1986 where we were fortunate to be sitting next to the lovely David Hemery for 2 days. What a smashing man.  Then we went to Victoria, BC in 1994, which was a real friendly affair.  Just walking around the town or sitting in restaurants and bars we were able to chat to the athletes, our boys loved that trip.  We had tickets for a couple of days at the 2012 Olympics too. 

Anyway, back to the present Games ...... I really don’t know why it is but I’m just not bothered, maybe because we don’t have any outstanding athletes at the moment, maybe it’s because of all the drug problems in recent years or maybe it’s just me not being interested anymore.  Nevertheless I admire the dedication of all the athletes and just hope I can find more enthusiasm for future competitions.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Don’t know about that one Catfan but there’s a South African in the women’s athletics team who I think is transgender, Male to female.  She looks like and runs like a bloke, won by a mile the other day too.   Takes you back to the old days when Russia had the very masculine looking female shot-putters.  

• Upvote 1

It’s all about money. When sport was amateur it was conducted in a gentlemanly/ladylike manner. Now big bucks are involved people will cheat to win. It’s just as corrupt as commerce and politics now. (Shouldn’t have mentioned politics!) :biggrin:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Don’t know about that one Catfan but there’s a South African in the women’s athletics team who I think is transgender, Male to female.  She looks like and runs like a bloke, won by a mile the other day too.   Takes you back to the old days when Russia had the very masculine looking female shot-putters.  

Just look for the adams apple, ive nearly been fooled a couple of times, lol

13 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Just look for the adams apple, ive nearly been fooled a couple of times, lol

La-la-la-la-LOLA smile2

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Watched the women's netball final this morning. An absolutely fantastic game against Australia, with England winning in the last second. I was almost moved to tears with excitement ! 

• 5 years later...

What do the Nottstalgians think of the Victorian state premier withdrawing his states offer to hold the 2026 Commonwealth Games as he says the state cannot afford it and that the investment will not generate a return?

I thought the idea to spread it throughout the regional areas of the state was a good one but not to be. Looks like Birmingham may get it again as it has the infrastructure intact.