Personal Achievements

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would like to share your outlook Mercurydancer but having celebrated our 60th.anniversary options are getting a bit limited. Before taking the family out for a celebratory meal I put these photos to

Just Realised I have passed my 1000th post, taken a long while but who cares!!

For me waking up in the morning (or any other time for that matter) is an achievement.

Keep up the good work, I've only been on just over a year and I've racked up over 8,000.

Most have been on Word, Song and Film Assn. Mind you a lot of the other stuff has been crap but I've made a few folk laugh.

• Upvote 5

Cheeky bu66er !!!!!!!

• Upvote 3

Not only does my wife think I talk too much, she reckons most of it is rubbish.

When I was a tenager I knew everything - as you do. I fell out with the headmaster at school, got myself demoted from GCE to CSE class and married young. Although too late to apologise to both my father and the head for being an ars*hole, I finally got my act together and took a degree as a mature student, graduating as a BSc with distinction (Scottish degree) in 1999....late but got there eventually!

thumbsup

• Upvote 1

July 1999. Sitting on top of my final Munro. A Munro is a Scottish mountain over 3,000ft high. There are 284 Munros in total. I sat with a celebratory bottle of whisky but no-one else was on the mountain that day so SWMBO and self drank it in the tent that evening. I was the 2,040th person to register as a "Compleator".

scan0001.jpg?gl=GB

• Upvote 6

Experienced a few highs of this thing called life,and some 'lows',its not about 'money' been 'flushed' been 'skint',its about the love of people who have 'come and gone'.

Sometimes think its an achievement 'just to still be here' and lucky to be with family that care, others not so fortunate.

• Upvote 3

Melissa ,family is family,and I would do anything for my brothers kids,but must admit there is no better feeling that I know than becoming a parent,your lucky God willing you have that pleasure to come.and the emotion for your grand kids knocks years off .

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

First week back at work and was for most part dealing with foriegn students,,was quiet proud that i think i helped 2 recently arrived Chinese girls into Ntts speak,taught them how to say 'eyup mi duck'.............it came out 'erup euck' but i'm sure they'll get away with it,......... :biggrin:

• Upvote 6

The Missus and me won village in bloom three times on the trot. missed out in the last three years though, there's some nice classy gardens out there now. I take me hat off to em.

• Upvote 2

Getting to now.

Knowing some really nice people, trying to change some not so nice people.

Not to mention all of the other things that have happened in between along the way.

Being able to still remember the past wearing those rose tinted spectacles.

Smiffy

• Upvote 1