Personal Achievements

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would like to share your outlook Mercurydancer but having celebrated our 60th.anniversary options are getting a bit limited. Before taking the family out for a celebratory meal I put these photos to

Just Realised I have passed my 1000th post, taken a long while but who cares!!

For me waking up in the morning (or any other time for that matter) is an achievement.

Many Thanks,

My Cakes were very elaborate for some people, but I actually made them up as I went along. It was a matter of not knowing when to stop! The cakes were very large when iced and with the frill measured approx 14inch sq. I had to stop making them when I first became ill, and when I had the Stroke, it became impossible. Then along came a Granddaughter.....Better than any cake! Well! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Carni, it takes a lot to get me out of "lurker land" but your cakes did it, a talent indeed especially the snowman. I was sorry to read of your health problems, hope you well on the road to recovery.

• Upvote 1

Well thank you Gem. The Snow Man Cake was raffled off, sorry to say I can't remember how much it raised, but it was a big hit at the hospice.

Cat fan, hang on in there mate, it takes time.

I can only amble at the moment, so I know how you feel. No cycling for a while.

I just farted & realized I have got a lot better at it. Is it a old age thing

i'm now completely of my medication and sad to say, the farts have stopped :(

I was going to join Benjamin1945 "Experienced a few highs in life-----" but I'm not following the last two posts!

I would like to share your outlook Mercurydancer but having celebrated our 60th.anniversary options are getting a bit limited. Before taking the family out for a celebratory meal I put these photos together to try & 'show' them where the time had gone and their part in them, they caused so much interest two adjoining parties joined us for a look and my wife & I got a very nice big hug & kiss from a young 21 year old lady whose birthday it was.

765ac6c7-86ab-4269-b32f-07ad7ba4a544_zps

• Upvote 11

I like cake Carni - are you marrid? bowdown

My greatest achievements - cycling grass track league champion on Melbourne Park C1958. A few cycling championships in my 60's and indoor rowing British champion about 4 years ago. Current WR holder for over 70's indoor rower..I could go on but would be bragging kickme

• Upvote 1

Albert,

Congratulations to you and your wife on your 60th Anniversary. What a great Idea you had in putting a compilation of photo's together, for your family to enjoy. Best Wishes to you all for the future.

PeverilPeril,

Well you certainly deserve some Cake for your Achievements. A little Bragging is Ok! You carry on Miduck. We have never won anything for our Cycling, It is a blessing just to stay upright on the Bikes these days. thumbsup

• Upvote 2

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:22 AM

Experienced a few highs of this thing called life,and some 'lows',its not about 'money' been 'flushed' been 'skint',its about the love of people who have 'come and gone'.

Sometimes think its an achievement 'just to still be here' and lucky to be with family that care, others not so fortunate.

Thank you for your Good Wishes, the 60th.was actually 4 years ago (still going strong) so I may be ordering a cake next March Carni. But the picture was my response to Benjamins post above, I think they say it all, Thanks Benjamin.

• Upvote 2