Ever Been 'Famous'?

Yeah, I know what it's like. I keep getting mistaken for Errol Flynn. (not how he looks today!)

• Upvote 1

No, I have never been famous and would not want to be. But I do look exactly like the guy in the mirror :)

I know just what you mean littlebro, I look very like the woman in the mirror. Only she is a lot older than me!!!!! :)

• Upvote 2

The woman in the mirror looks a lot like me, but the woman who replaces me in photographs, has a bloody cheek, she looks so much older than me.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

A bit of a weird one from me.

I was in a pub up in the north east and as you do, you start chatting to people. One bloke seemed to think I was in the SAS. I had been in the army but not anything near the SAS. I have little idea why he thought I was SAS as I certainly dont look rough and tough, but somehow he formed that opinion. I told him straight that I had never been in the SAS but his answer was "Well that proves it! Those who say they werent in the SAS are following training and denying it! I knew you were SAS!" Now this standard of logic defeated me and I went to another pub.

Earlier this year I was in a pub in Nottingham where I saw none other than Meryl Streep. She denied that she was, but they all do when they have been recognised.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I caught the train from Nottm to Newark a few years ago. I became aware that a woman was starring at me and when I went to get off she said, it is you isn't it.

Who

Your on Coronation Street aren't you

No sorry you're mistaken.

This conversation went on with her insisting I was ' him' off Corro whose name she couldn't recall and me saying I wasn't.

She got off the train even though I don't think it was her stop and followed me down the road. In the end she became very abusive saying I was a right stuck up bas!!rd and she wouldn't watch me again and stomped off. In retrospect I wish I'd just said yes.

• Upvote 1

In 2007 when my friends and I made a 'naked' calendar in aid of the American Cancer Society, one of the news channels out of Phoenix sent up a reporter and cameraman to interview myself and one if the girls. We expected it to appear on the evening news there, but didn't know CNN would pick it up too. So we appeared on there every hour for a while, as they run their news on an hourly loop.