So as I sit here in my awning the rain is beating down, and has been doing for the last half hour or so, and the thunder and lightning are really giving it welly.....Seems about right. School holidays start and summer ends! Happy holidays campers.

And here it comes again after a short respite long enough to get over to the office and close down for the day. More forecast for tomorrow and Saturday.

Love Hawes! Hope to work on the Club site there at some stage.

Will you be visiting the creamery?

A Big Black Cloud hovering outside my Patio Doors here in unsunny W-ton. It looks as if it is about to water all our Pots and Baskets! Hope So! Still muggy so we are keeping the doors open until the last minute.

Hawes

This magical little market town is England's highest, set 850 feet above sea water. Hawes was first recorded as a market place in 1307 and the lively Tuesday market still entices shoppers in. Home to the world famousWensleydale Cheese and set amidst breath-taking scenery it's no surprise Hawes is one of the honeypot tourist attractions of the Yorkshire Dales National Park.

The name Hawes means a ‘pass between mountains' and it stands between the stunning Buttertubs and Fleet Moss.

Hope it's not to Soggy Denshaw. I just looked Hawes up.It looks like a lovely place.

• Upvote 3

In my not very sensible younger life I used to long for the Spring and Summer Seasons to come round..

One day I realised what a waste of life it was, to be always waiting for those two season to come.

So I finally got sensible and found pleasure all year round,in every Season.

I have worked it out, that if I am fortunate enough to have another fourteen years on this Earth, that will make me 80.

To just enjoy Spring and Summer, I have 28 seasons left to enjoy.

To enjoy Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. I have 56 left to enjoy. How wonderful is that? And I certainly make the most of my days now.

Come rain or Shine, I appreciate it all.

• Upvote 3

Just got back from Sherwood & it was dry as a bone there, no rain at all. Half way up Hucknall bypass & the road was wet, got home (just off Christchurch Road, Hucknall) & end of our road is all flooded. Funny how weather changes in such a short distance..