Loughboroughs not bad,shame its over the border,must admit don't like Leicester at all.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Crap towns? Nottingham is an exciting city. I love the place and its only by moving away that you realise what a pleasant place it is. Its not in the same league as some of the places I have to vis

Benjamin , been many times to Milton Keynes . Its almost exactly half-way between where my two sons live , one in Northants , one in Herts. Because of the massive choice of shops , it's a regular vi

Only been to Derby a couple of times & don't think much of it. I don't like Leicester much either. And Birmingham................if the world had piles that's where they would be.

Liked Leicester in the 60s,often went there on train for night out,missed last one back once and me and a mate decided to hitch-hike up the A46,Police car pulled up just outside Leicester copper asked us where you been? where you going? we told him,'hop in lads' he said give you a lift to the border.

Imagine that today!

Loughboroughs not bad,shame its over the border,must admit don't like Leicester at all.

I don't like Leicester much either but I wouldn't call it carp.

A place I can't stand is Birmingham(if the world had piles that's where they would be)

My house is about half a mile inside Leicestershire.

I don't like Leicester much either but I wouldn't call it carp.

Sounds a bit fishy to me Bubblewrap! :hooked:

• Upvote 2

OK CATFAN, MY TOP TEN, after Nottingham,

London (parts)

Norwich

Newcastle

Liverpool

Glasgow

Exeter

Edinburgh

Brighton

Workington

Durham

• Upvote 1

Nowt up with Loughborough (or Lurgerburger as my Scottish friend used to call it). It has the Great Central Railway AND all those luverly female students. (God I feel old).

I think Ilkeston has got a little boring.

Nowt up with Loughborough (or Lurgerburger as my Scottish friend used to call it). It has the Great Central Railway AND all those luverly female students. (God I feel old).

I think Ilkeston has got a little boring.

Yes and there is me as well hellothere

G.C.R. engine shed is about 10 minuets walk & the Midland Main Line station is about 5 minuets walk.

I must admit though I have not had a ride on the G.C.R. for over 10 years.

• 2 months later...

At the risk of upsetting Bubblewrap, my heart sinks every time I enter Loughborough, especially from the Nottingham direction past the Brush factory and railway station. The town planners have a lot to answer for.

I must ask LizzieM to come to Loughborough as the town "improvements" are now complete & most of the town centre is traffic(inc buses)free.

It's nice to be able to walk around without running the rikk of being flattened.

One thing I will admit though there are too many charity shops we have 16..........but the shops would otherwise be empty. ;)

Crap towns?

Nottingham is an exciting city. I love the place and its only by moving away that you realise what a pleasant place it is.

Its not in the same league as some of the places I have to visit at work, (I must balance that out as I do visit Thirsk and Whitby for work too, which are lovely places)

Ladies and gentlemen I give you... Peterlee. Horrible beyond belief and a concrete wasteland full of the people who swim at the shallow end of the gene pool.

Billingham. It smells. I mean it smells. The lego style "town centre" is awful. Great for charity shops but the centre on a Sunday morning is the place to give up the will to live. You have to play hopscotch with the pools of vomit, broken glass, discarded kebabs and pizzas, and even the elderly will pull a blade on you to get enough money for some skag. There are more psychotic Staffordshire bull terriers than people, and even the local Weatherspoons has a sign on the entrance floor saying "Mind your knuckles"

• Upvote 4

In the late 70's Middlesbrough would have to be a crap town with all the pollution from the steel works and chemical plants. We could see the smoke from where I lived at Loftus, 20 plus miles south..