Speed awareness course

I think that giving a friendly pap on the horn is not what a cyclist would call friendly, to them it is a signal of  " get out of my way."  I think any cyclist do know that there are cars and other traffic behind them.  The best way is to wait and overtake when it is suitable and safe to do so. As for considering stopping wrapping the bikes around  their necks, is just the sort of behaviour that causes tension. I never have problems with cyclists that's probably because I am a considerate driver, and that I realize that I am not " The King Of The Road ".

• Like 2
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While I understand the frustrations caused by large groups of cyclists, I would like to stand up and be counted for the individual who just wants to get from A to B safely. The other week Hubby had to

Not wanting to have a go at cyclists but...I'm not ignorant about cyclists and their apparel. I have a range of different motorcycle kit... I have some that is light and warm, breathes and doesn't cha

There are lot of complaints about cyclists and much of it is true to a certain extent. But considering how perfect we car user's are, it's surprising the amount of mistakes we make,  i.e. using a mobi

Posted Images

Well said Tompa. As for motorists stopping to berate a cyclist or to wrap their bike around them..here is a warning. About 20 years ago a group of us were riding near to Litchfield. A Pickup truck driver started blaring his horn. Not a pip a blare. When the road was clear he purposely grazed by two rider who then fell off. He then stopped up the road while we check for injuries and remounted. As we approached he jumped out into the road with his arms outstretched and started shouting obscenities. He was a big man. Unfortunately for him one of the riders that he knocked off was a newly retired Special Services man. I don't know how he did it but the big man ended up on the ground grovelling. My pal ran to the pickup. Got the keys out and threw them into the field. The big man, on his knees just looked on in disbelief. We rode on having taken his number but did not report it for obvious reasons.

Dave was wearing lycra but he was one of the hardest guys out there and charming with it. His actions took us all by surprise. Glad he was on my side :biggrin:

• Like 2

You can't have it both ways PP, two wrongs don't make a right. You are denigrating one mans violent action and praising, even admiring, another.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I keep thinking about doing the advanced motoring test but I think I would end up disagreeing with the examiner on techniques

Why not go for an assessment, it's free. You may well argue, (I did, quite a lot actually) but there's an equal chance you may learn something even if you don't carry on.

Ah if only all drivers were as good as they think are. Come along, you may well end up teaching us something. I'm sure we're all willing to learn.   thumbsup

21 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Can't teach an old dog new tricks. Too pig headed to listen to anyone else these days.:biggrin:

It might be good idea for you start a quiz on NT so we can all test our knowledge, I'm sure you could  help many of us out who have limited driving skills. :biggrin:

2 hours ago, Brew said:

You can't have it both ways PP, two wrongs don't make a right. You are denigrating one mans violent action and praising, even admiring, another.

You are right brew. But when you get whacked and then get threatened again...... I could not have done it but I would have defended myself vigorously. After being knocked off a bike It is not many people that will stay calm immediately afterwards. It was one wrong against two wrongs and a bit of old time justice thrown in.